See networked computers on phone?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Cool Remote, PC Remote Pro, Splashtop, PC File Download, or better yet its PC companion HFS Server. It really depends on what functionality you desire. Elaborate, and I'll recommend which.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to be a d!ck, but.. Again, access is kind of vague. Elaborate. I've been figuring solutions the last 2years since WP7.5. I want to make sure I give a good recommend.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, when we read it we both thought of two different things. I use splashtop and PC Remote Pro, but when I read the OP I was thinking file access. :wink:

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, vernacular varies. View and access can mean simply an RDP to run on the host PC, or a remote. I love Cool Remote & PC Remote Pro for that, depending on if I need to see the desktop on my WP. WP8 ruined that for Cool Remote for me, but its TOPS for a virtual mouse and to log to the IP allows for even more stuff. PC Remote Pro is great on all that it does, though I'm not a fan of all the back button presses. Splashtop has more functions, but lag. My choice to just view files on my WP is to use HFS Server and in IE, go to the IP and you'll see the list of files you've chosen to share. Great for videos, songs, or whatever. But as I said, what ya tryin to do?

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Basically, you know the "network" function on Windows Explorer that views computers over the local network? (Need file access more then remote desktop) Looking to do this on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon