What can you do with your WP8.1 start screen???

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to make a dedicated thread to WP8.1 start screen design with the new viewing glass sort of backgrounds, which I love by the way. This is not a thread where you can whine about how Microsoft isn't your slave. Purely for people who want to work toward a goal of cool start screens! I will start by helping anyone who hasn't thought of this already: you can make your background any color you want by finding a picture of that color and setting it as the background. You can also make it a design like a quilting pattern you love or chevrons. Have fun!

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You can make your background color anything you want as long as it is black or white. You can set an image as a "background" for your live tiles that support transparency, else it will just be the normal live tile color options you have now (some are set by the app devs and other let you chose to use your accent color). Devices with 4.5" screens (I am trying to get my 8X running, but the phone is really buggy and not reliable to reboot) can add a 3rd row of icons for more tiles. Other than that, there is not much else you can really do.

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Or You can choose anyone of those beautiful default backgrounds in your pictures hub..!!
I Dont understand what sort of people hate this customization..?? and why..??

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Photoshop a background specifically to have different colour for each tile on my start screen

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos