Way to Access Summer Baby Monitor without App?

dmagic17

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Purchased an internet connected baby monitor from (Summer brand) at a very good price. You can access the feed via a web portal or though a mobile app that is available for iOS, Android, or Blackberry. I can't use the web portal since it is flash-based, and they obviously don't have a WP app. There has to be some kind of workaround, right? Essentially it's just an IP camera with a 3rd party skinned interface. I haven't figured anything out yet.

Appreciate any ideas.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Tough one. They avoid any 'IP' or 'address' or any other fancy tech words in the manual. Do you know the cameras IP?
If you can't find it anywhere, try accessing your router and finding it there in the list of connected devices or something like that. There is a big chance this camera just uses normal MJPEG like most IP cameras and connecting to it would be easy IF of course it doesn't block such connections, and in the manual it seems like you need to set up a lot of passwords and accounts and such so as I said, a tough one. IP CAM controller doesn't have 'summer' cameras listed, and neither does tinyCam monitor (on android).
You can try asking them directly, send emails everywhere until you get an answer. They may just reply 'wp is currently not supported' but I doubt they invented all new protocols just for this camera, there has to be a way to connect via web (it connects to the camera trough their server with email and password, which is super weird)

I saved myself from such troubles by getting a cheap second hand android phone and setting it as a permanent ip camera. It doesn't have night vision or motion sensor, and you can't move it around, but the lens is wide enough to cover the whole bed, and the microphone almost picks up breathing :D you can hear everything.

dmagic17

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have ATT Uverse so I don't have my own router to access and not sure how I would find the IP. I'll send a note to Summer but I'm sure they'll give me the runaround since I think their whole security thing is to not have a traceable IP that can be hacked. Really appreciate your post.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I have ATT Uverse so I don't have my own router to access and not sure how I would find the IP. I'll send a note to Summer but I'm sure they'll give me the runaround since I think their whole security thing is to not have a traceable IP that can be hacked. Really appreciate your post.

That entire post makes absolutely no sense. You have to have physical equipment on-site in order to access the internet...

...and all IPs are public facing, except those on your internal network...which typically use a 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x range IP.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
That entire post makes absolutely no sense. You have to have physical equipment on-site in order to access the internet...

...and all IPs are public facing, except those on your internal network...which typically use a 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x range IP.
And to my understanding, the box that att supplies, you can't just log into it like your standard router or modem, you can't see the IP range (although you can see what has been assigned by looking at other devices addresses), but guessing which of the 254 other addresses it would be could be time consuming.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
A work around would be is if you have a computer at home that is able to access the camera then you can use TeamViewer to take control of the computer at home and see the camera that way. If stealth is an issue you can either turn off the monitor or set TeamViewer to blank the monitor when in a session.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
And to my understanding, the box that att supplies, you can't just log into it like your standard router or modem, you can't see the IP range (although you can see what has been assigned by looking at other devices addresses), but guessing which of the 254 other addresses it would be could be time consuming.

Really? I just spent 10 seconds researching this:

How to Access a U Verse Router: 6 Steps - wikiHow

If I can find that in 10 seconds by using this search term set: https://www.google.com/#q=ATT+Uverse+Modem+login then so can anyone.

I mean I literally saw your post just now...typed that in and boom...details for logging in and getting all the necessary details.

Hell their CS agents hand out the information like candy on their own forums:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Resetting...the-password-on-my-u-verse-modem/td-p/3601193

I mean seriously folks...why do I bother sometimes. *shaking my head*

Listen. I can't babysit everyone through every single step...at some point someone has to start doing their own independent thinking. I mean the ability to type those words in and find this stuff is so basic...

Maybe I'm being a jerk here...but seriously? Seriously?

Edit...and even more again: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...6cv%3D812%23fbid%3DjjM8og54jes&token=kUyAm9DZ

Everything and I mean EVERYTHING you would need to know about how to access the equipment and get the necessary information is all just sitting there right on their website even...a child could find this information. It's not hidden...nor is it even moderately or even slightly difficult to find.

When did people get so lazy that we had to invent sites like Let Me Google That For You in order to satisfy their want to not even do the slightest bit of their own research...

Also note: This isn't directed at the OP. This is directed at the mindset that people for some reason cannot seem to do their own research and then argue with people who actually do know what they are talking about...

*sighs*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes