How to Disable screen wake up for notification?

cuek80

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I quite new with WP, just realise that the screen is on everytime I got new message, is there anyway to disable this?
Kind of waste of battery if the screen keeps waking up when in pocket. I prefer to press the button to see if there is any message received.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Amazon Otter using Tapatalk

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I believe there is no direct way to do that, but you can go inside individual apps and turn notifications off. However, you must note that it will not drain your battery significantly. (given you're not getting a notification every 30 seconds) I would suggest turning your volume down until you get 8.1 when you will have Quiet Hours.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I quite new with WP, just realise that the screen is on everytime I got new message, is there anyway to disable this?
Kind of waste of battery if the screen keeps waking up when in pocket. I prefer to press the button to see if there is any message received.

Thanks in advance

When you take out your phone after it beeps, you are uncovering the proximity sensor. So, turn down the volume, cover the sensor, and you won't be bothered.

Note: Flip to Silence is a setting that must be turned on in Audio/Enhancements

Edit: Flip to Silence requires headphones.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
When you take out your phone after it beeps, you are uncovering the proximity sensor. So, turn down the volume, cover the sensor, and you won't be bothered.

Note: Flip to Silence is a setting that must be turned on in Audio/Enhancements

Edit: Flip to Silence requires headphones.

Flip to silence does not require headphones.

cuek80

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all replies.
First of all, I don't mind at all about the sound notification, I just want the screen to stay off.
The main problem is when my whatsapp group are active, the screen keep turning on everytime someone send msg.
And I agree with DaT, for privacy reason.
I hope someday we have option for this.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Thanks in advance

in wp8.1 we can remove the show notification banner option and it does not make ur screen wake up when u get a notification

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon