Developer preview in the first part of April

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Actually this isnt quiet accurate. A month can only be devided into a finite number of parts because there is a limit of how small the part can be. The maximum number of parts a month of 30days can be devided into is ~4.808*10[SUP]49[/SUP]. :D Planck time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course there are more posibilities if you want to count all the possibilities, but there is only a finite amount
PS: Just being stupid

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually this isnt quiet accurate. A month can only be devided into a finite number of parts because there is a limit of how small the part can be. The maximum number of parts a month of 30days can be devided into is ~4.808*10[SUP]49[/SUP]. :D Planck time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course there are more posibilities if you want to count all the possibilities, but there is only a finite amount
PS: Just being stupid
Oh, but you are mistaken. Even Planck units can be divided into parts of the whole. Anything can be divided into infinitely smaller parts, therefore yielding an infinite number of parts.
:winktongue:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If the 14th,then we have 6 more days to go (7 if you include today), this is taking for ever. I really hope they finish it up so they release it on the 10th, that would be a nice surprize to get it this week.... Cant wait any longer...

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: So is the dev preview coming out this week?

This is what Joe Belfiore twitted regarding the release of the Windows Phone 8.1 dev preview:

@joebelfiore
Lots of questions from everyone... Here's SOME answers. Timing for dev preview... "first part of April". We don't have exact date yet.[/B]

Last edited:

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Don't forget the:

‏@joebelfiore ? 19h
@NathanDuarte_ we are always trying to find vague ways of answering this questions because the facts seem to always change on our end. :)

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Why would he say first part of april? Microsoft is always so vague when it comes to answering questions about WP. It's kind of annoying. Just give us a solid date. It's worse for people to think it'll release on the 2nd, and then change the rumor to the 8th, and then to the 10th, and then to the 14th...instead of just saying 14th and being done with it.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
They never said the 2nd, or 8th, or 10th, or 14th. They said first half of April. You know what happens when you assume, right?? I always say I'll be there about or around ____. My life but isn't conducive to such things.. I hate to lie to people on accident.. Hate it!!!

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Because it is not fully done yet. It should have done before the Build 2014 conference so that developers can have an actual WP8.1 phone to play with by then. But something happened and they can't make the cut.
To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed by this fact. Kind of wasted $2000 on this conference and what we get in return? a heavy, also work in the progress, Xbox One with not much games to play.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
If the 14th,then we have 6 more days to go (7 if you include today), this is taking for ever. I really hope they finish it up so they release it on the 10th, that would be a nice surprize to get it this week.... Cant wait any longer...

Patience is a virtue my friend :). We are all counting hours until we see the update. I'm checking three times during every day.. :)

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

They never said the 2nd, or 8th, or 10th, or 14th. They said first half of April. You know what happens when you assume, right?? I always say I'll be there about or around ____. My life but isn't conducive to such things.. I hate to lie to people on accident.. Hate it!!!

Yea, well that's exactly my point. People just start assuming, and those assumptions get into news blogs and then it starts to look like fact haha. Instead of letting people assume, give solid dates.

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
just to be a Debbie Downer, Neowin and other sites are now reporting rumors of the 14th for completion of the actual 8.1 update with dev preview coming after. Hope not but time will tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon