Miracast on WP8.1 confirmed

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Ever wanted to project your phone screen onto a PC, TV set or projector? We’ve added support for that as well—connect your Windows Phone to a compatible PC using a USB cable and you can run an application on the PC to show the phone screen. Some of the forthcoming new phones will also support wireless Miracast display to compatible TVs and other devices.

Cortana (yes!) and Many, Many Other Great Features coming in Windows Phone 8.1

Doubt it'll work on anything prior to the 1520.

Evangelosb

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Seems like L290/1020 will probably be left without miracast support. That's a shame.
Regarding the following
"connect your Windows Phone to a compatible PC using a USB cable and you can run an application on the PC to show the phone screen"
Has anyone found more about it?

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Does miracast mean projecting my screen over USB/wifi ?

There was a leak couple of months back where they projected a screen using 520, I'm confused now.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Any device can do it over USB. Only certain ones can do it over Miracast, which is a wireless technology.

Also, for what it's worth, I found the talk linked in the first post to be excellent in general, about not just Miracast, but notifications, backup, etc.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
What is meant by "compatible pc"?? Is it like something special is required in pc for using this feature via USB???

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Miracast is POSSIBLE on the L920, just like it is POSSIBLE on the original Surface. Microsoft is ******* UP Miracast by bringing it only to select devices.....while Chromecast flies off the shelves.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Beamer uses the web which is much slower and limited (no audio) than a direct wireless connection between devices. That's why it's more of a slideshow than full motion video. Miracast is more like the Play To app which uses DLNA.

xelaio

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought Lumia 920 paying 1000usd (same price with iPhone 5) because I wish to use the technology of Lumia 920. I can not take for true that MS do not care about them fans who are using Lumia 920. Please MicroSoft, do something to give possibility on Lumia 920 to use Miracast technology and respect your fans! Go to favorable result!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo