No Data Toggle switch on 8.1

Kinez

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I can't understand how unsupportive some people are. I don't need rotation lock toogle, but i understand that someone might like it, and altough i don't use it it's nice to have options.
Look at it this way: give me a reason why there shouldn't be a data toogle. Have none? Exactly, options are always great, and MS really messed up this one.
I guess i can hope Nokia will somehow add it :unhappy:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't understand how unsupportive some people are. I don't need rotation lock toogle, but i understand that someone might like it, and altough i don't use it it's nice to have options.
Look at it this way: give me a reason why there shouldn't be a data toogle. Have none? Exactly, options are always great, and MS really messed up this one.
I guess i can hope Nokia will somehow add it :unhappy:

It's an obvious oversight, but for now, my advice is toggle airplane mode and then WiFi on. Agree that they should fix it AND people should be more helpful.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I think its for the same reason why some carriers wouldnt alowe the datasense in theyre update.
If you think about it, it doesnt sound strange.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Do people turn off their data frequently? I know I turn my Bluetooth and sometimes even my WiFi on an off on occasion, but I can't recall ever disabling my data. Can't think of a reason why I would, although I'm sure there must be one if that function is available.

4G and LTE get the 920 pretty warm, and eat battery badly. When you're in WiFi range 95% of the time, there's no reason to have it on. So, I live with it off at all times. However, there are times I'm out of town for a day or at dinner, and I'll turn it on for a moment, do something (look up something, check e-mail), then I turn it back off.

Jeebs1234

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
4G and LTE get the 920 pretty warm, and eat battery badly. When you're in WiFi range 95% of the time, there's no reason to have it on. So, I live with it off at all times. However, there are times I'm out of town for a day or at dinner, and I'll turn it on for a moment, do something (look up something, check e-mail), then I turn it back off.

Yup, same for me.

I honestly don't know how they could have excluded this. It's actually quite mindblowing that of all things data toggling was left out.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
not everyone has unlimited plan or plan with gigabytes of data, some ppl (like myself) have like 100mb per month and only use it whenever i'm out of the office(sometimes I don't even turn it on if I don't need it). My battery life is great that way and I don't use up my data whenever I don't need so yes a data toggle is really useful for many ppl

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i also think that the data toggle is a MUST in this new "let's gave them options and make them choose what they want" motto of MS.

or at least a battery saver toggle, cause i think that works like a data toggle as well, letting your apps connecting to the internet only when you open them.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't really see the need for the toggle, as I keep my Data on all the time, but this is a what fits me... personally.
Although I would wish to see data sense has profiles, that change with Sim cards. My 920 has a swappable sim card door, well to easily swap simcards, but I have two data plans, which data sense can't make sense out of them.... wish they add data sense profiles.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can always go into settings and turn off data, there just isn't a "quick toggle" for it right now. Probably will come in a few months.

CGA111

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Data toggle would be nice, 2G/3G/4G toggle even nicer, this is one of my biggest disappointments with 8.1. Turning on 2G when not needing internet is a huge battery saver for me.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Um, yes. You can. Go into the settings for your email account and it's right there. And nearly every app has a setting where you can control and/or turn notifications off.

you know that background app update every 30 minutes and can not be changed?

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
There is a feature suggestion page for this on Microsoft's website, your votes are all welcome in their to get our voice heard.

Here

Also, did some of you notice that even those toggles aren't really toggles? Rather shortcuts for the setting menu that belongs to this page (example: the Wifi toggle doesn't turn on or off the Wifi, rather it opens the settings menu for Wifi), why does Microsoft have to ruin everything I don't know!

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
There is a feature suggestion page for this on Microsoft's website, your votes are all welcome in their to get our voice heard.

Here

Also, did some of you notice that even those toggles aren't really toggles? Rather shortcuts for the setting menu that belongs to this page (example: the Wifi toggle doesn't turn on or off the Wifi, rather it opens the settings menu for Wifi), why does Microsoft have to ruin everything I don't know!

Can't believe it!!!! Dumb ms!!

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After I got to know that we are finally getting ACTION CENTRE, I was happy that now I dnt have to depend on the app 'Quick Settings', but seems will need that to toggle data...
Yes I need to toggle data off. Coz my sleep is very precious to me, dnt like getting buzzed by texts and mails during the most precious 8 hours of my day...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Kinez

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

Here

Can anyone confirm that toggles only bring you to settings? I refuse to belive that anyone can do something this stupid :straight:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon