Xbox Music & MPATool

VKSNDjRC

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,
I was wondering, since on Windows Phone 8.1 there wont be Music+Video but separate Xbox Music app, is MPATool (tool for adding backgrounds) gonna work for it too?
Did anyone tried maybe?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the images are associated with the music file and have no bearing on what app is being used. So I don't see an issue.

Adam Vlcek

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
No MPAtool didn't work in windows phone 8.1 and I didn't tried to put images into music file jet... Did someone know how to do it?

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
No MPAtool didn't work in windows phone 8.1 and I didn't tried to put images into music file jet... Did someone know how to do it?

It still works for 8.1 I've just finished my collection.

NOTE: One you finish, play a song and go into the lock screen setting, turn the option on then off. And test it out =)

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a developer for MPAtool but I've been playing around with building a music related app. In WP8 you were able to access the MusicLibrary using the WP SDK and get the song information. Unfortunately, since Xbox Music is a stand alone app you don't have access to its contents through the SDK, and in fact the old way of getting the song information has been slowly changing since GDR1. Before GDR1 I was able to get a users entire collection (Downloaded and Streaming) but that changed after GDR1 (or 2 can't remember) so that I can only see songs on the device. In order for it to work for your whole collection my understanding is they would have to redesign the app using the new Xbox Music API pilot which allows authentication and access to a users music collection data (song, album, playlists, etc.) stored in the Xbox Music service.

So short answer is the current version of MPAtool might work for downloaded music in WP 8.1 but if properly updated I would think they'd be able to make it work for both local and streaming.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that with MPATool, the artist background will show on the lock screen during play if I update the artist background using MPATool, then (as stated above) disable and re-enable the option in lock screen settings.

However, the artist background in the music app itself is not going to be the one you chose. Instead the music app will choose its own, which I am hating because they are using crappy low res images for random online databases. This is also the case for artists that you pin to the start screen, Which means I have stopped pinning artists... :(

Also, MPATool album art changes do not seem to be taking effect. Even if I try to add them and then restart the phone. Does anyone have any experience with that, or know how to get it working?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs