A lot more info on Wp8.2, Wp9

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPLEAKS

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
First of all

1) There wont be a surface phone with WP 8.1. Microsoft isn't releasing any phone with Wp 8.1. They want this for the betterment of other oems.

2) There will be phones from Microsoft for the next major update, im taking about wp8.2 or wp9 whichever comes first.

3) Microsoft didn't want Nokia to release a new flagship with wp8.1. Nokia was desperate to go ahead with Money penny and a few other handsets though

4) Microsoft will be releasing future Nokia handsets as their own. Like the Goldfinger. This is most probable. Another reason why they don't want Nokia to release these themselves
This is completely trure.

5) Most of the present Wp phones will get updates till gdr1, gdr2. But that's about it.
Update: I didn't say all wont be updated, quad core devices will get threshold. If there's a wp8.1, then other devices too.

You might find all of this hard to believe, but its all true. Time will prove
More later

Last edited:

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So there is not point in buying a new WP8.1 device at the moment. Because after two minor GDR updates the phone will not get anymore updates. Better to wait until 2015 when the next iteration of WP comes out. I had this doubt and what you are saying clears it. I don't want, what happened to late Lumia 900 buyers, happening to me.

Forc3

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
First of all

1) There wont be a surface phone with WP 8.1. Microsoft isn't releasing any phone with Wp 8.1. They want this for the betterment of other oems.

2) There will be phones from Microsoft for the next major update, im taking about wp8.2 or wp9 whichever comes first.

3) Microsoft didn't want Nokia to release a new flagship with wp8.1. Nokia was desperate to go ahead with Money penny and a few other handsets though

4) Microsoft will be releasing future Nokia handsets as their own. Like the Goldfinger. This is most probable. Another reason why they don't want Nokia to release these themselves

5) Most of the present Wp phones will get updates till gdr1, gdr2. But that's about it.

You might find all of this hard to believe, but its all true. Time will prove
More later

Hahahahaha xD dude srsly you are funny. Good one! Nokia will release goldfinger on its own loool *****.

Move on guys nothing to see here.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, even if he/she doesn't provide any sources, I still find everything quite plausible in the wake of the Devices & Services aquisition and Microsoft's push for new OEM partnerships with WP 8.1.

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
What about the 18 months support, that one is tough to backtrack on, the only way to drop phones currently on the market like this is to go x86 or 64 bit or some other incompatible architecture.

If they drop 32 bit ARM they'd probably have to do the same to full Windows RT too.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So there is not point in buying a new WP8.1 device at the moment. Because after two minor GDR updates the phone will not get anymore updates. Better to wait until 2015 when the next iteration of WP comes out. I had this doubt and what you are saying clears it. I don't want, what happened to late Lumia 900 buyers, happening to me.

he said that phones with quad cores and phones released with WP8.1 installed will get WP9.
besides he doesn't have a source so calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon