WP8.1 coming early next week!

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I do hope they have optimized the OS in a batter friendly way. Tho it would be wise not to take it for granted.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk for wp

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I guess the whatsapp team is just waiting for 8.1 to arrive so they can release their latest update with all 8.1 compatible sweetness (action center notifications, custom alerts, and who know what not)

Action centre notifications are not something that need to be explicitly supported by the app. All toast notifications for all apps will automatically be sent to the action centre.

Custom alerts are supported starting GDR3. Viber already supports it.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, you'll have to wait a day longer... Tell us in the States if the world explodes, alright?

Microsoft is based in Redmond though, which is in the States, so kind of makes sense.

Lol, how will he have to wait a day longer when he is a day ahead of us? If it's 07:00 on the 11th of April in Redmond now, then it would be 02:00 on the 12th of April in New Zealand. That means that Tuesday for him will be here as fast as Monday for the US :)

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys is it safe to install the dav preview or is better to wait for the official release? And to have the dev preview what should I do? (I'm new on WP)

Thanks in advance!

Tapatalked with my Lumia 920

search the internet ffs, it has been discussed million times! And there is a huge article here on wpc!!!!

- Tapatalk -

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it, he said EARLY NEXT WEEK, not an exact DATE!
And you still talk about when where why not now blabla??? Enjoy your weekend and just check for updates between Monday and Wednesday!

- Tapatalk -

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
When will we get it in India?I m really confused with the time zone..Will I get it on monday or tuesday?

Pretty much, we're all waiting around the world, when the first sighting of the preview goes live is when it all goes live. Can anybody specifically say when? Nope, as no official date was ever announced. So just keep waiting like everybody else. :)

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it, he said EARLY NEXT WEEK, not an exact DATE!
And you still talk about when where why not now blabla??? Enjoy your weekend and just check for updates between Monday and Wednesday!

- Tapatalk -
with rumours in beginning for 14th april and official word from Microsoft saying early next week, u still don't think we are getting it on Monday?Hell yeah we 'll b getting it on Monday.Although it wud b tuesday for me by then, i live in India. Hmph.

Tansen

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Dude it is really easy to "become a developer". You don't actually have to program or make anything, just sign up for the program (takes 2 minutes) and then download the developer app on your phone (also takes 2 minutes) and then you're in, free to download over the air updates to your phone as soon as Microsoft pushes them (which will be Monday, likely). Read the WPcentral.com article about how to do it, its really thorough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes