Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Jasper Barlich

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Hey guys,

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else.

First: I have a Nokia Lumia 1020. I had recently (a week ago) updated to windows phone 8.1. I had also replaced the glass screen/lcd digitizer since I had dropped it onto concrete. Apparently the concrete wins.

Earlier today, I noticed that my lumia was not waking up. No glance screen. No response to the power button being pressed. When I had gotten home, I plugged it in. Maybe it ran out of power somehow. Nothing happened. No charging. No indication that it was even plugged in. Power button still did nothing (pressing or holding). Plugged into my computer. Still nothing. I decided to do the soft reset (power and volume down). And it's on now.

Really odd.

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I downgraded using nokia software recovery tools, but still had unresponsive screen, so I had to bring it in at my carrier to be checked out

same problem, i did the downgrade with the nokia sw up and it did downgraded my phone, but the problem was still there, i think that you have to erase completly all the data and then install the wp8 with the program, but i don't know how to do that ( and i can't bring my phone to my carrier becouse i bought it on ebay, mi carrier doesn't have the 1520)

Syed Rehman1

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 620 and here maps crashes to start whenever I open it.
And when I open maps through Cortana an app opens and gives an error "map not available on this phone". What to do?

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey buddy, I got a solution for you. I've placed some apps of mine to my sd-card, without lag or problems it was just working fine. Today in the morning I could not watch a video on my sd card, so i pulled it out and put it back in. After the restart some of mine apps were turned in to grey and nothing of mine data (picture, musics, apps) was avaible like yours. I went go to my pc and make back up of my SD card so I could Hard reset my phone. But before I did: See solution

BUG: SD card did not load the apps and media properly (it keeps saying: sd card is not ready and that i have to wait or reinsert the SD card when i press to an app which is inside of mine sd card).

SOLUTION: Get a SD Adapter or something like that where you can access the data on your micro-SD from pc. It will say that your SD card is broken and shows you a selection if you want to recover it. Go ahead and recover. It will succeed in minutes. I've done this and put my sd card back on my phone, and all my apps on SD-card did load up with all the data without any problems or slow down's like some people are issuing.

I am using Nokia lumia 520 and my sd card is a class 10(8GB).
Ive also noticed that a class 10 Sd-card makes really diffrence between slow downs.

Hope it will work for you guys that have the same problem to!

P.S: Sorry for my bad english, hope it is enough to understand;)
How do you back up your entire SD card unto the PC freind?

Fiter Kurniawan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm facing a problem with 8.1 developer preview on Lumia 1520 when I plug Nokia headphone or earphone, the outgoing and incoming calls are disabled and any outgoing call is dropped immediately. Any one faced this issue and found the solution?

Really? Mine is 1520 too (Indonesia version). After update to 8.1 my phone still work properly :)

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Got WP8.1 last week and didn't have much issues until I received a call on my stock earphone while listening to music. As soon as I attened the call (using the button on the earphone) the audio was available only on the left ear piece. I assumed that this might be some weird feature of WP8.1.

But once I ended the call the music resumed and to my disappointment the music was playing only on the left earpiece.Also I wasn't able to pause or change the track using the call button on the earphone. Restarting the music app, replugging the earphone had no impact, finally had to restart the phone to fix it.

Also this doesn't seem to be a random occurance since I had faced the same issue 3 times now. Has someone one else faced this issue?

I am using a L920 with WP8.1 and stock earphones.

I raised this in Reddit and was acknowledged by someone claiming to be "windows audio test guy"
WP8.1 earphone issues : windowsphone

TheWPFan

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Albeit a small bug, the icons for Office apps when multitasking correspond to Office 2010, and not Office 2013, as the icons do everywhere else.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Bugs I have that affect me and my day to day use of the phone:

Wifi no longer connecting to open free spots - I use Cloud or BT free spots here in the UK and if I select connect it just sits there saying connecting for a while and briefly says "open browser" then says connection failed. I know I need to open a browser to use my login credentials but it just won't let me, it goes straight to connection failed.

Apps not closing with the back button. As it says on the tin, back out of all apps, hold the back button and voila, several apps (facebook is a main culprit) are still there.

Share to Facebook now just posts the url as a message, used to share a link before.

Screenshot - WHY changed this to the up vol and lock button, the number of times I have taken a screen shot when I pick my phone up or hold it making a call is getting ridiculous.

Bluetooth files - I sent mp3 files to my phone via Bluetooth, where are they? Music can see them but in Ringtones and notification sounds it can't.

IE 11 won't open advanced settings on my HTC 8X.

WanTan0311

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
lumia 1320 user here...

games and apps always crashing...
i tried uninstall...but failure..
some files can't be remove , that's y can't reinstall...

Factory reset is the only solution...
but after this my phone cant detect SD card !! LOL
Aerize Explorer shows my SD card still they,
but Storage send shows : SD card not found...

any solution ??
Sorry for my bad english , i'm asian....

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I advise anyone with Ativ S facing problems to do a hard reset. I did and the phone is faster, I gained storage space and only bug remaining is camera one (probably fixed with firmware).

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Probably been mentioned already, but Xbox Music App has many issues. It's not just lacking in functionality, but the following have affected me:
Nokia 1020:
- clipping noise at the start of every track
- plays undesired songs. Two albums, that each have a track of the same name. When selecting to play all songs by Artist A (only one album by this artist), the identically-named track from Artist B started playing. In my case, Artist B is first alphabetically, but still no idea how it decided to play their track.
Specifically, I have an album by Joni Mitchell containing a track named "Big yellow taxi". There's a cover version of that song on an album by Counting Crows. When selecting to play artist Joni Mitchell the Xbox Music app fired up the Counting Crows track.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
lumia 1320 user here...

games and apps always crashing...
i tried uninstall...but failure..
some files can't be remove , that's y can't reinstall...

Factory reset is the only solution...
but after this my phone cant detect SD card !! LOL
Aerize Explorer shows my SD card still they,
but Storage send shows : SD card not found...

any solution ??
Sorry for my bad english , i'm asian....
Remove your SD card and format it. Then do a hard reset and try installing all your apps. It looks like your SD card has got corrupted.

andrei_1998

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Can someone tell me where I can find all files I download? I just downloaded a file and it shows me that it's located in Downloads, but when I open the Store->Downloads there is nothing.

sachintp2112

May 8, 2012
Visit site
My major issue with WP 8.1 is all the apps perform very slow especially messenger apps compared to WP 8 and games on WP 8.1 stutter continuously. I am using Lumia 1520, my friends using Lumia 920 are also having same. Is anybody else facing this apps & games performance issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes