Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Major Bug with the video app. I'm using the Lumia 920.

Well, I've put a video ( Movie, about 700MB ) through the PC. Tried playing it. Fast forwarded it and changed the seek pretty quick. That's all. The video app has crashed. It doesn't open again. It crashes on the very first screen when I try to open. I've rebooted, did a soft reset, deleted all the videos, did everything I could. But no use. I'm waiting for an update... :(

I have a 520, whenever I try to seek during videos, there is a thud sound, initially I thought that it was meant to make that sound but later I tried it with volume mute and it still made that sound....anyone else with the same issue?

omarahum

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Some videos play, some do not and some say that I must watch it on my PC...
What?!' This is the video: youtube.com/watch?v=06sZ0erhtMA&index=2&list=FL4srC895Q_pN0qNqS_X5BKA
View attachment 65291
View attachment 65292
Strange, seems to work ok on my NL920....
wp_ss_20140503_0001a.png

wp_ss_20140503_0002a.png

Dainis Jonitis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Calendar medium size live tile for next whole day event displays the day of current day. For example tile for today (2014-05-03) would display "Sa 3" at right bottom corner, and for tomorrows event at top left "Sa 3: All day". When tile is wode it would correctly say "Tomorrow: All day".

This seems to affect only default Microsoft account calendar. Outlook.com and Facebook birthday calendar birthdays seem to be working correctly.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...ys-wrong-day-for-event?forum=winphoneosissues

Last edited:

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Kinda mad i did a hard reset today. Looks like none of my data for games were backed up when I backed up my phone before I did the reset. I thought they were supposed to be but that may have to be implemented by the developer. Now I have to start.from scratch

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone had this issue. Thumbnail for saved folder In OneDrive when viewed through the photo hub wont update. Even erased the picture, synced it, nothing works. But when viewed through OneDrive app or on desktop the thumbnail is updated. Even soft reset the phone and still there.

Arvind Panwar

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Here Drive + voice guided navigation not working on my L720 since the 8.1update. Earlier there was the normal Here Drive app, not HD+. Have tried downloading different languages also, not working.
Any suggestions how to make it work??

THANKS

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone had this issue. Thumbnail for saved folder In OneDrive when viewed through the photo hub wont update. Even erased the picture, synced it, nothing works. But when viewed through OneDrive app or on desktop the thumbnail is updated. Even soft reset the phone and still there.

I've seen this also. Workaround is deleting the temporary files on phone storage. You may need to delete, soft reset, delete again just to be sure, but this should reset the thumbnail cache.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Pages of comments are written here but i wonder, are these comments really reaching to microsoft, nokia, htc or wherever they belong and are they planing any solutions for these bugs?

Keep in mind, this is a WPCentral forum with no affiliation with Microsoft. For an official forum to report bugs and receive possible solutions from Microsoft, visit here - Msdn forums - Windows Phone Preview for Developers
Also, you can download this app - Diagnostics | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) - to record and send diagnostic reports directly to Microsoft when you encounter an error.
For suggestions for Windows Phone, go here - Feature Suggestions: Hot (51278 ideas) – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

All of these are official ways to provide feedback to Microsoft. And yes, they are paying attention.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Been searching around, but haven't seen anybody with this one...

Phone works fine just before I go to sleep at night. I place my 920 on a wireless charger overnight. When I wake up my wifi somehow set it self to off and when I go to enable it back on I get an error telling me wifi is not available at the moment. I have to do a soft reset to remedy the problem. It does this just about every other day. Seems sort of random. Any ideas? If there is a discusion about this can you refer me there?

I just started experiencing this issue again. I think it might be related to the quiet hours feature, but I'm not quite sure.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug within the OS, apps, or a design flaw, but when I click on notification in the notification center, it doesn't remove the notification from the tile count. I've noticed this with both Facebook and Twitter. I can see how just swiping away notifications and leaving the tile count may be by design, but I hate it nonetheless. Notification management within the Facebook is horrible, in general. If I remember correctly, with iOS and Android, when you click on notifications in the app, they are removed from the desktop and vice versa. Would like to be able to click on a notification on the device I'm using at the moment and be done with it. I thought that's what push notifications and syncing were all about?

Gaurav Hans

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Bug: Start background image cannot be changed more than 2 times.. Like when i change the photo 3rd time consecutively the 1st image chosen reappears on background and when i do it again the 2nd image appears.. This happens to and fro until i tap the remove button and then change the photo.. Anybody else experiencing this? Lumia 920

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Bug: Start background image cannot be changed more than 2 times.. Like when i change the photo 3rd time consecutively the 1st image chosen reappears on background and when i do it again the 2nd image appears.. This happens to and fro until i tap the remove button and then change the photo.. Anybody else experiencing this? Lumia 920

I was experiencing this when I first got WP8.1...I've since gotten into the habit of clicking "remove photo" each time I change backgrounds...it's quick and easy, and no more bug.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Is preview for developers update still available? I guess there was a news that Microsoft had stopped it. I am going to purchase a 920 on may 14th.

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Is preview for developers update still available? I guess there was a news that Microsoft had stopped it. I am going to purchase a 920 on may 14th.

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

Its still there though you will get errors a few times but keep trying. Done it with my 920 a few days ago.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree, this is annoying. There was a rumor that one could swipe the tile in order to remove the notification. It didn't come with 8.1 preview tho.

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I am not getting toast notification for facebook nor I am getting it in the action center. Do I need to turn it on from somewhere? I see the notification count on tile but no notifications. Also the tile does not flip.

Gaurav Hans

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I was experiencing this when I first got WP8.1...I've since gotten into the habit of clicking "remove photo" each time I change backgrounds...it's quick and easy, and no more bug.

it is supposed to change, but anyway as this is preview i hope that when software is officially released it will be fixed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky