Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Mayur

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Contact List Bug!!!???
I have FB, Twitter and LinkedIn linked to Peoples Hub, but contacts are filtered to show only from Hotmail and Skype, which works as expected in Peoples Hub. But if I go to "Phone Book" from Phone app, it shows up all contacts, including filtered ones. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

abhishyam2007

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

The stock videos app is absolutely horrible. Plays nothing at all. The music app sucks too.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

skynet1511

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

You will obviously need a firmware update for such things.
Same here on 925. Many colors look like washed out with the update. But, on my side, 925 display also with wp8 had more washed out colors than my old Lumia 800!! It had an amazing display, much better than the 925.

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Bugs/Issues I have noticed on my Nokia Lumia 1520:

•My Back, Start, and Search buttons sometimes freeze.
•Cortana listens on her own without me holding the search button.
•The screen freezes, receiving no input. (Have to turn off display and again to get back to what I was doing)

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Apologies if mentioned previously.

Bluetooth in notifications doesn't take you to the bluetooth settings.

Its pointless.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

The stupid "feature" from WP8 that would randomly turn the volume down and display a hearing loss warning kind of made sense if you assumed people were always using wired headphones. Now that it has a separate volume for Bluetooth devices---devices which the phone jolly well knows it can't possibly know the volume of---why in the Sam Hill is the stupid phone turning down the audio? I'll be listening to an audiobook and suddenly it becomes inaudible.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

I wish the calendar had a setting for first day of the week. I'm used to Sunday. A store calendar app would fix this, but wouldn't be transparent tile, besides its basic. I can't quite remember seeing an OEM calendar with so few settings, also no agenda.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Contact List Bug!!!???
I have FB, Twitter and LinkedIn linked to Peoples Hub, but contacts are filtered to show only from Hotmail and Skype, which works as expected in Peoples Hub. But if I go to "Phone Book" from Phone app, it shows up all contacts, including filtered ones. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
its under the "filter contacts" setting

Wookie TV

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

ugh, this update was not fleshed out enough for a release, albeit even a preview release. so many bugs i'm finding that completely hinder the basic operations of the phone.
i have a 925 on t-mobile usa.
one of the biggest things is the wifi & wifi calling. i have wifi on all day and sometimes it says wifi calling as my current carrier, sometimes it doesn't turn on wifi calling so i have no signal. but right now, i turned off wifi calling, turned off wifi, but it still says wifi calling. went to make a phone call and nothing happens. no ringing, nothing. i hit end call and it does not end the call, it's now stuck until i reboot the phone. before i tried the call, i could put it into airplane mode and it still says wifi calling.

i have downloaders regret and should have waited until a final release. it better not look anything like this release.

alukard

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

I use a Lumia 820 with 8.1 and I've noticed that the battery drain has significantly increased by 50%. I can't go a few hours before reaching 30% battery life with my normal usage. I'm trying to shut down some background tasks but not much since its all the same apps I used before.

Another bug is that I can't access my UK TMobile (EE) voicemail. It just keeps saying the number is updated, but the new number is that same as the old, so I'm stuck in a loop.

What's anyone take on this?

Cigar2

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

What does it mean when you hard reset a 520 and you get this :-(
Coming out of a quick gears??? Help!!!!

Cigar2

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Also is anyone reading my posts? And is anyone having trouble installing these there apps? XBox video, OneDrive and the regular facebook app? I've even tried un-install the XBox Video app and reinstall it but it will install??? Any ideal's????

HitoTheKing

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

I'm running windows phone 8.1 developer preview. When I first installed the OS all my apps were working just fine, but over the past 10 hours or so I stopped getting notification for viber and whatsapp. So far I have reset the phone, uninstalled the apps and back on again, but no luck.

If I remember correctly whatsapp was on my action centre list when you go to settings and look at the apps which can notify you, but their no longer there. I could be wrong and perhaps they were never there.

I'm curious is this because whatsapp and viber haven't been updated to meet the latest API to work perfectly with windows phone 8.1 or is it a bug? Or perhaps I can enable them on settings or something? And yes I have gone into the apps to look at their settings also.

Suggestions and tips would be much appreciated.

Try to diable mobile internet cuz I had the connectivity issue and fixed it by doing that

Nikker

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

I use a Lumia 820 with 8.1 and I've noticed that the battery drain has significantly increased by 50%. I can't go a few hours before reaching 30% battery life with my normal usage. I'm trying to shut down some background tasks but not much since its all the same apps I used before.

Another bug is that I can't access my UK TMobile (EE) voicemail. It just keeps saying the number is updated, but the new number is that same as the old, so I'm stuck in a loop.

For battery usage after anyone flashes a new rom or update usually one needs to give the device about three charge cycles to get roughly accurate battery drain and I noticed that all app background tasks were enabled by default after the 8.1 update so make sure you go one by one in battery sense app and block each app individually.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Just had a hard crash happen while shapewriting and accidentally setting off Cortana midway somehow.

EDIT: Happened again. This time just typing normally, but my palm again was hitting the Search button (Cortana) while I typed.

Last edited:

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

I did a phone reset and my battery is back to normal.

Plus I got higher benchmark scores to boot. Significantly higher

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes