Capacitive light buttons not working after 8.1 Developer Preview install

spyridon

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I have installed WP8.1 developer preview on my Lumia 820 UK variant and everything works fine, only issue is with the capacitive buttons. They don't seems to light on any more, I made a couple of reboots but still nothing.

Anyone else noticed the same thing ? Maybe is it just a setting that I am unable to find ?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

P.s. Feels like I got a new phone, fresh and simpler, love the notification center and the new weekly view of the calendar.

zorb58

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe its something to do with the fact that capacitive buttons are no longer a requirement for Windows Phones and are not on new Lumias.

spyridon

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
For some weird reason the buttons now only light up when I press switch off the phone, while showing the good bye for a couple of seconds. I guess a future update will stabilize the issue and probably the option to enable / disable according to users taste will be nice.

s3t3quila

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 1020 the backlight of the Arrow button and start do not function properly...the light from start button is verry low and the Arrow does not light at all...but sometimes is the other way arround...know in this moment the Arrow button and search are backlighted but start button is not i think its from Windows phone 8.1..and of course Cortana does not hear my commands. .but issues are not prezent on my Nokia Lumia 920.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I have installed WP8.1 developer preview on my Lumia 820 UK variant and everything works fine, only issue is with the capacitive buttons. They don't seems to light on any more, I made a couple of reboots but still nothing.

Anyone else noticed the same thing ? Maybe is it just a setting that I am unable to find ?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

P.s. Feels like I got a new phone, fresh and simpler, love the notification center and the new weekly view of the calendar.

Hey dude I think they are working fine just take a look at batterysaver under conserve battery life
if the option Always(limits functionality) is checked..then the led lights are set to off..
if at all u need the led lights to on then change the setting to when battery is low...
Let me know if it remedies your problem...

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey dude I think they are working fine just take a look at batterysaver under conserve battery life
if the option Always(limits functionality) is checked..then the led lights are set to off..
if at all u need the led lights to on then change the setting to when battery is low...
Let me know if it remedies your problem...
Yes... You should check wether battery saver is on. My Lumia 1020 lights work fine after 8.1. If I want to turn them off, I just turn on battery saver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss