How do I scan QR Codes now?

valeriolucciola

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Quick access to QR scanning was one of my favorite parts of windows phone 8. The Cortana screen doesn't include this. Now I have no idea how to scan a QR code, natively, on my phone. Help please?

valeriolucciola

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
That's annoying. I can't seem to pin Bing Vision to the start screen so I'm guessing that's not an option. I also can't get Cortana to "Open Bing Vision" or "Scan QR Code." I would probably be ok if any of those things worked but it'll just irritate me for a while now. Maybe they will fix this soon like they did when they took the "Local" part out of search a while back.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Way too many steps now.

Before it was quick and easy and now it is too convoluted. If at least you could pin lenses that would be acceptable.

In the meantime I have pinned this app:

Nokia QR | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Edit: my bad, I just happened to see that app is no loger published, I just happened to have it installed from a while ago. But here are some other ones:

QR Code Scanner | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

QR Code Reader | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Last edited:

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
That app is apparently no longer available. :/
It is still available. if you turn off your location service Cortana will not work and Bing search will work as before. when you are ready for Cortana just turn on back location service and Bing search will hide again. Its that simple.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It is still available. if you turn off your location service Cortana will not work and Bing search will work as before. when you are ready for Cortana just turn on back location service and Bing search will hide again. Its that simple.

He was talking about the Nokia QR app I had listed. I listed two others after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99