Quiet Hours "bug"

valeriolucciola

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I found an interesting little "bug" with quiet hours. By the way, this isn't a big deal and I love the Quiet Hours feature. With it you can have your quiet hours automatically activate when an event on your calendar says you are Busy. The bug occurs when the notification of the event occurs at the start of the event. The notification of the event starting drops down and the alarm sounds at the same time quiet hours turns on. In my case, the reminder drop down alert disappeared almost as soon as it displayed but the music alarm started playing and continued to play.

Granted, who would voluntarily setup a reminder at the start time? In my case, I asked Cortana to add an event to my calendar that was 10 minutes away just so that I could observe the quiet hours kicking on. But since I was under the 15 minute mark, a reminder was automatically added and set for the start time.

The bigger issue though is that I noticed quiet hours did not silence my phone. Maybe I'm misunderstanding quiet hours. Shouldn't quiet hours make my phone quiet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital