I had my wife and brother added as messenger contacts on my phone and I could message them from the Messaging hub. However, now all those threads only have the option of Text messaging (no messenger). I know Facebook was getting killed and (not sure) Skype was replacing Messenger, but I thought we would still be able to send messages (with Skype on the back-end) through the messaging hub, and not have to launch the skype app for messaging. Did they kill anything but text from the messaging hub? That will be a bummer....

I tried searching around but could not find a mention to this anywhere.... :(
    srslykev likes this.
    04-14-2014 03:05 PM
    I think the killed that same integration your are talking about.
    04-14-2014 03:22 PM
    There is no MS messenger anymore - you use Skype app to chat. When the app updates, Cortana will be able to control it.
    04-14-2014 03:24 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I use MS Messenger a lot with my family. Sadly, no more MS Messenger in the hub - gotta use skype. It seems they will re-integrate it somehow in the future along with FB messenger so there is hope.
    04-14-2014 03:28 PM
    Thanks for confirming this.... This sucks... I wish they could have gotten the backend ready before making the switch.... oh well, thankfully there is a FB messenger and Whatsapp on WP now :)
    04-14-2014 03:40 PM