No silent mode WP 8.1

Planet X

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have updated my Lumia 1520 to WP 8.1 too and I cannot find the Quiet Hours or Silent mode anywhere. Even to put the phone to Trill only is not as easy as it has been before. Why?

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
It's part of Cortana, which is US only at the moment.
(Changing phone region to US and phone language to English (United States) apparently works though :))

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have updated my Lumia 1520 to WP 8.1 too and I cannot find the Quiet Hours or Silent mode anywhere. Even to put the phone to Trill only is not as easy as it has been before. Why?

Hit the volume key, tap the arrow, tap the bell and the vibrate off. That's now how you do it.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Additionally you can make Quiet Hours an Action Center Toggle for easy access.

Go to Settings>Notifications+Actions>"Choose your quick actions" then change one of the slots for Quiet Hours, now all you have to do is use the action center and enable quiet hours.

Planet X

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
That is not an option I can choose from on Euripean versions since I don't have Cortana. It's a shame. But hank you to let me know that I can click on the bell from the Volume slider. Didn't know that. That works.

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
It is actually the bell from WP8 (more accesible IMO)
The top slider is for the notification. and bottom slider is for media Content/alarm.

At first I was skeptical how I can silent incoming calls and not affecting my alarm volume. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2