24 hour format in calendar

Erik van Uffelen

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Anybody having this issue: In the calendar detail view all times are shown in AM/PM mode. Also selecting the time is like this .
All other time views are 24hr. I do not seem to be able to find a setting to change this.
Anybody having the same issue?
Gr Erik

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Go into date/time within settings and the option for 24 hour format should be there. Calendar will use whatever that is set to.

Bart Haesen

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue.
My Country/Region is set to Belgium and also my regional format is set to Dutch (Belgium) which should set the time format to the 24h format.

I tried the solution that Laura suggested but it doesn't work on my HTC8S.
Whenever I set the regional format to English (United Kingdom), it resets it to 'match phone language' which is English (United Kingdom). But still the time is displayed in AM/PM format.

@David, In WP 8.1 that option is not there when you set your date/time to Automatic.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It's definitely there on my phone, though I don't have an HTC (Lumia 620 here). Date+Time shows me two switches, one for 24 hours, and one for automatically set - both are turned on. My region is set to English (US) for Cortana, and regional format is English (UK).

It's always possible that you have stumbled on a bug.

petteriusa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have my phone set to region (United States, Finnish (Finland)) and the calendar displays in AM/PM but the phone itself shows 24HR formatted time. I just noticed this as I use Chronos as my calendar app, there the times are displayed correctly. Seems to be a bug in the MS calendar app.

meel69

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I have this issue to. Its not only the 24h format, the calendar app is not translated into Swedish(my phones language). I think this is gonna be updated in a near future.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The calendar works properly for me using region United States, English (United Kingdom). Notice how the first day of the week is Monday, and the temperature is in ?C.
nu3ajehu.png

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Art_Limitless

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
SOLUTION :amaze:

If you want to have the option to select the 24hr clock, you have to do the following:
1. Go to settings
2. Select Country/Region
3. Select English language (USA)
4. Regional Format "Match the phone Language"
5. Reboot
6. Now when you go to date and time you can select the 12/24hr format and it WILL change your time in the agenda!

Veel succes!!

Last edited:

hfrmobile

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20140923_0002.png

• Settings
  • Region

Country/Region: Austria (correct)
Region format: German (Austria) (correct)

Region format example is also correct (see screenshot)

Btw, the issue occurred after updated from WP 8.0 to WP 8.1 (Blue Update) ...

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
SOLUTION :amaze:

If you want to have the option to select the 24hr clock, you have to do the following:
1. Go to settings
2. Select Country/Region
3. Select English language (USA)
4. Regional Format "Match the phone Language"
5. Reboot
6. Now when you go to date and time you can select the 12/24hr format and it WILL change your time in the agenda!

Veel succes!!
But then iI get dollars instead of euro's and other stuff that based on US region. So this is half a solution unfortunately..

hfrmobile

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Its driving me nuts ... arrrr .... this is simply a bug in Calendar app ... or do I have to relocate to the USA so that it will work!????

hfrmobile

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
But then iI get dollars instead of euro's and other stuff that based on US region. So this is half a solution unfortunately..

Well it is a workaround which works in the USA :winktongue:

... or to put it in other words: The guys never thought about a software developer using its phone in English but living in Austria :unhappy:

But thanks for your reply anyway!

RRRRrrrrr ... changed to GERMAN etc. but Calendar still in AM/PM mode .....

hfrmobile

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Well after 100 reboots I got what I wanted (English UI, Region Austria, ...):
Settings > System > date+time 24 hour clock=YES (the "24 hour lock" setting was not displayed before ....)

hfrmobile

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, back to previous configuration... $ vs. ?, m/d/yyyy vs. yyyy-mm-dd ... Hope M$ will fix that stupid bug ...
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_530 using Tapatalk

May 27, 2015
Visit site
After selecting 24h format through the US settings, you can switch back to your preferred regional choice. Whatever time format you choose will remain.

It seems that standard is the PM/AM format, with an option for regions where both formats are in use to switch to the 24h format. For region formats not using the AM/PM time the option to switch does not exist - since all times should be in 24h format (which they are not!).

The solution posted works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon