"couldnt take screenshot" :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripper Cornelio

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey anyone hace this problem? I try to take a screenshot with lock button+volume up and the screen flashes and the i hear the sound of the camera like a normal screenshot but a message pops up like a notification saying this "could take screenshot" i have to activate on the setting or something? I have the wp 8.1 preview, with gdr3 i never seen this message :s

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
At first I wasnt doing it right but once you get the hang of it. It is so convenient.

Use index on volume up
use middle on power

Pressing simultaneously is so easy now.

Nice one MS

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
At first I wasnt doing it right but once you get the hang of it. It is so convenient.

Use index on volume up
use middle on power

Nice one MS
That's a great tip, and it really is easier! I can take a screenshot with one hand now, thanks to your advice. The old method in WP8 required two hands.

garbanian

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Use index on volume up
use middle on power

Nice one MS

I wish I could do this, but it's not that convenient on a 1520 :(
First time I was sad that I had a 1520 lol

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey anyone hace this problem? I try to take a screenshot with lock button+volume up and the screen flashes and the i hear the sound of the camera like a normal screenshot but a message pops up like a notification saying this "could take screenshot" i have to activate on the setting or something? I have the wp 8.1 preview, with gdr3 i never seen this message :s

I had the same problem earlier - not sure what fixed it, but I did delete a load of photos from the sdcard where I tell it to store pictures etc

Just started working again for me

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The change actually made it super convenient on my Ativ S... Volume rocker upper left side, power button upper right side. With either hand I just tighten my grip and voila!

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The reason for change is to support new phones without physical Windows Key. They had to come up with a new combination with the remaining physical keys.

Still an annoying change They could of still had both combinations trigger a screenshot. It's not like Start+Power is being used by anything else other than to tell us they changed it.

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
If I was left handed, or the volume & power buttons were on the left side of the screen when looking at it straight on, then the new combo would have been great - but Im right handed, and the button are on the right side of the screen so only my palm/thumb is touching them, so this change makes it no easier to take a screenshot than the old combo

Nothing lost, nothing gained, just changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon