Or does Microsoft still not care about user privacy and upload the entire users address book into the NSA cloud? Would be too kind to be able to sync calendar and contact data without giving it all to the agencies for analyzing my life.
    Last edited by GreenEnergy; 04-15-2014 at 02:59 AM. Reason: adding answer to title
    04-14-2014 06:22 PM
    Paranoid?
    you still need to sync via the cloud.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    04-14-2014 06:28 PM
    Very funny. You seriously ask that question after what's been revealed in the past 12 months? Reflex of apologists still working fine then, I guess. I think "paranoid" is really the wrong word. But it requires some thinking to come to such a conclusion that forcing users to sync private data via cloud services with esoteric privacy regulations (none) is not in the users interest.
    04-15-2014 02:40 AM
    Very funny. You seriously ask that question after what's been revealed in the past 12 months? Reflex of apologists still working fine then, I guess. I think "paranoid" is really the wrong word. But it requires some thinking to come to such a conclusion that forcing users to sync private data via cloud services with esoteric privacy regulations (none) is not in the users interest.
    I shared some of your concerns earlier. I've now come to the conclusion that I'm not someone the NSA's going to take particular interest in and if some random analyst gets his jollies from reading my texts, I really don't care.

And FYI, if you use a phone at all, they already have everything. The network operators co-operate with the NSA as well, you know...
    04-15-2014 02:47 AM
    Or does Microsoft still not care about user privacy and upload the entire users address book into the NSA cloud? Would be too kind to be able to sync calendar and contact data without giving it all to the agencies for analyzing my life.
    NSA knows more about you than your contacts.
    04-15-2014 03:12 AM
    I personally never felt the need to sync my contacts locally. Moving away from the cloud sync would seriously compromise the functionality I get from having various devices in the MS ecosystem.

If you feel you want your data completely private, I would suggest you not use the internet at all, as anything on the internet is accessible by someone or the other.
    rdubmu likes this.
    04-15-2014 03:33 AM
    Well the entire game with the NSA is, making it most expensive for them to gather all my data. That's the only option users have. So I opt to opt out of the cloud. No cloud services in my band.

And WindowsPhone does still not offer that. While Android and iOS both allow for local sync.
    08-05-2014 01:42 PM
    This thread is from April and with Windows Phone, they have never allowed local sync since the release of Windows Phone 7. There is nothing new here. If you need local sync then you can get an android or ios device that allows it.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    08-05-2014 08:26 PM
    I don't get it. Your address book on the internet?
    All your financial info is on the internet, bank, credit cards, investments, retirement, IRA, company thrift plan, company savings plan, social security, all personal information and you worry about an address book
    08-05-2014 08:35 PM
    I suppose NSA is seeing my d*ck like... a lot!
    08-05-2014 08:36 PM
    I hate these conspiracy theorists. What are you so scared of them seeing? I mean, I don't like it either, but, honestly, why would I compromise my enjoyment when all I've got to offer is a schlong and some nose picking?
    08-05-2014 08:41 PM