Windows Phone 8.1 Fixed Spotify

tafb

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
One of my biggest disappointments with moving from my iPhone to a 1520 was the Spotify app. I bought the 1520 thinking that I could run Spotify for my music needs. I was disappointed to find that the Spotify app would crash every time I opened it and selected "playlists." Sometimes, the app would crash upon as soon as it opened. On occasion, I could open the app, manually search for music, and then play it...but my large list of playlists would never open without crashing the app. Well, something in WP 8.1 fixed that problem. I can now open my playlists and everything plays as it should. Not a single crash yet. WP 8.1 is a fantastic update...more like a WP 9 rather than 8.1...and, in my opinion, surpasses iOS as an operating system. The dead app tiles and massive amounts of empty screen space on iOS feel very outdated. Well done MS! A working spotify app is like the cherry on top of this update. I understand that an updated version of the spotify app is coming soon...but I am very happy to finally have a usable app during the interim.

boasist

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, between Spotify on my ipad and 1520, it is HORRID!!!

In no way would I say the Spotify app is fixed for the windows phone. I'm glad your problem is gone, but the app has so far to go still.

tafb

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
"Fixed" means that, with WP 8.1, the current spotify app actually works. Prior to WP 8.1, the app constantly crashed. I was not suggesting that the current spotify app was not in need of further improvement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon