Can I downgrade back to WP8?

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just because im curious (and loving WP 8.1) Why would you want to downgrade again?

Most likely because some of the changes in 8.1 frankly suck and 8.0 just feels better at this point. A shame too because the new features by themselves are fantastic (action center, Cortana, shape writing keyboard, the new store, etc).

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just because im curious (and loving WP 8.1) Why would you want to downgrade again?

I'm gonna do this so I can go back to the old version of Xbox Music. Never thought I would ever miss it, but my God did they bork it in 8.1. Truth be told, if Win 8 apps could run on Win 7, I'd go back to a Lumia 800 and use Zune! :)

lee kwan kin

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok confirmed can downgrade from 8.1 to 8.0 using Nokia recovery tool PC. I did it just now..wp8.1 is good but battery drain very fast even I off background apps n location service n without cortana..just wait for official release by Nokia

Last edited:

mojo321

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I just did this and it was flawless! My Lumia Icon was not reading the SIM card. So I had to prep it for a warranty return. I know, I know, it PROBABLY would have been fine with Preview for Dev 8.1 on it, but why take the risk when this software was so easy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon