Dev Preview Question

M_Lyons10

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a Developer Account, but have not before installed one of the Dev Previews for Windows Phone. I was wondering how that works and if I will be able to update from the Dev Preview to the Final upon release...?

I know in some cases an update from a Preview to a Final can be problematic, but with the number of people Microsoft is allowing (And encouraging) to install 8.1, I'm assuming this will be possible and rather seamless?

Does anyone know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a Developer Account, but have not before installed one of the Dev Previews for Windows Phone. I was wondering how that works and if I will be able to update from the Dev Preview to the Final upon release...?

I know in some cases an update from a Preview to a Final can be problematic, but with the number of people Microsoft is allowing (And encouraging) to install 8.1, I'm assuming this will be possible and rather seamless?

Does anyone know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

All dev previews get updated once the official update is released for your phone/carrier.

M_Lyons10

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
All dev previews get updated once the official update is released for your phone/carrier.

Thank you for your response. I know that the carrier releases the Final, I just wanted to make sure before I updated to the Dev Preview that I would still get the update when it hits Final and is released by my carrier without losing my data or anything...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa