XBox Music

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just a thread to post complaints about the new music app in 8.1! Hopefully enough people will agree and WPCentral and make a post on the main page about it and put pressure for them to update it ASAP!

1. Performance is HORRIBLY slow. Constantly seeing loading. Scrolling is slow
  2. Play list can not be longer then 149 items long!
  3. No Live Tile
  4. No recent music
  5. There is now no darn way to use the radio (as in FM Radio) on my device! I use this a lot at the gym which broadcasts the TV's audio over FM!!!!!

Any other problems, please post em and lets get some pressure on Microsoft to update this. Music is one of the most important things I do with my phone, and now it is really hard to use!

planetarian

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My complaints:
1) Now Playing being in the hub instead of a separate screen means half the screen is taken up by the header.
2) Can't swipe the album art left/right to move between tracks quickly.
3) No longer displays next two tracks in dimmed text below the current track.
4) Does not display album title at all.
5) No heart icon anymore.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My complaints:
1) Now Playing being in the hub instead of a separate screen means half the screen is taken up by the header.
2) Can't swipe the album art left/right to move between tracks quickly.
3) No longer displays next two tracks in dimmed text below the current track.
4) Does not display album title at all.
5) No heart icon anymore.

My complaints as well. I've also noticed then when clicking on the song info in the volume bar to direct myself to Xbox Music I will often get sent to just a black screen and it freezes there.

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to stop showing the "Now Playing" information whenevr the volume up/down buttons are pressed if the music is not currently playing? If play music early in the day, and the only way to get rid of this afterwards is to reboot the phone. There has to be a better way.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
There are many threads on here about people having issues with Xbox music. I also agree that it is very bad. I have been trying to find an app that I can use. I am sure someone will create one now that Microsoft has messed this one up.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
There are many threads on here about people having issues with Xbox music. I also agree that it is very bad. I have been trying to find an app that I can use. I am sure someone will create one now that Microsoft has messed this one up.
Nokia Mix Radio works well until Xbox Music gets updated to 8.1

blutroniq

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
100% agreed. This app is just ******* terrible. Development should be moved to another team, and the decision-makers behind this one should be fired.

1. Rating: I really badly want to be able to rate tracks. The lack of this feature alone has really pondering moving to an iPhone... and I really don't like Apple.
2. ID3: Why can't I read (let alone modify) the track numbers or year (or any other ID3 tags)?
3. Dynamic playlists: This feature was in the Zune software that they rolled out 5 or 6 years ago, but still is absent in WP 8.1.

I have no idea who is behind their market research here, but it seems to be pointing them to make apps that are slanted in favour of streaming music, which I have absolutely no use for. Or maybe they are making the apps as simple as possible, which sucks for anyone that wants extra functionality.

Either they need to fix this app, add an "advanced" mode for non-neophytes with extra functionality, or build another separate "advanced" app. Do I think they'll do any of these? **** NO, because they seem to think this is good enough.

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Id like it if Microsoft would stop beautifying the app with artist info, pictures, animations etc, and focus on making a robust-- functional-- music app. The random play list is terrible, using an SD Card will cost song duplications, there is no way to stop and exit, while listening to a book on mp3 or a lecture, and then resume it. Also, if you do shuffle your music, one's books and lectures will get thrown in the mix. There aren't any burnt in playlists like "recently added" or a ranking system. The only thing we can do is listen and make a playlist. Apple iTunes is SOOO much better. What I can do on a ipod mini that's a decade old kicks microsoft's ****. It's pathetic.

Why did Microsoft spend time on making this app for apple iPhone and Android phones if they cant even get it right for Microsoft phones? They even made a beta app for windows phone 8.0, and never did they update it. And this is the same thing as that app, except it's burnt in. Okay, these are my frustrations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon