Lag in WP 8.1?

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Is anybody here experiencing some lag with 8.1?? My 720 is lagging a bit when closing apps (the start screen animation stutters).
So, are you having problems too? And will a hard reset fix that??

iXesh

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Bro I updated and also reset my phone, but still it lag...
And most of app terminates after pressing back ...
Only some app runs in background like facebook and one inbuilt app battery sense...
Comment some more bug 🐛 that you are 😊ing

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
There is lag for phones having 512 MB Ram. Basically Microsoft has removed the cap on the memory allotted to each process so when any app is opened it used more memory for faster access so the background app are closed and then restarts giving the little bit of lag. Still tolerable not like lagadroid. Also the apps would be updated to support not closing on pressing back button hopefully. Go to battery saver and kill all the apps you don't want in the background.

iXesh

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I got the solution, reset your phone and format your memory card as well, now its work well,
I installed 7.8GB apps,
Music 8GB,
Video 6GB,
N Photos 5GB...
And its work well,
Still you will face some lag and crash only first time....
After that I work well...

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a 720 and it did have minor lag like start screen stutters right after finishing update. I did power and reset my phone and it's working fine.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
There is no lag with Dev Preview and I can confirm that, how? Because I am using it on Lumia 520, Lumia 925, Lumia 720 and Lumia 1020. None of these lag, at all.
What you need to do is hard reset, after setting up the preview. Why? Because system files between WP8 and the preview aren't exactly the same. The installer is meant to add and remove files automatically but if you have used a PC before, you would realise it isn't always as easy as that. By performing a hard reset, you keep all the new files, you get rid of old temp files that installer may or may not have removed and you remove all old apps. DO NOT restore a back up if you want to see how optimised the Dev Preview is. Start fresh, install apps that are compatible with WP8.1

If you install whatsapp, facebook, twitter and Skype and think they aren't doing what they should do - they wont. Why? They aren't updated for this OS. They work best with WP8.0 and won't take advantage of any features that WP8.1 has to offer in the preview.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I did a hard reset, but I'm still facing those start screen animation stutters when closing apps.
Note: I restored my apps from a backup, does that affect the performance??

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the solution, reset your phone and format your memory card as well, now its work well,
I installed 7.8GB apps,
Music 8GB,
Video 6GB,
N Photos 5GB...
And its work well,
Still you will face some lag and crash only first time....
After that I work well...
You don't have animation stutters when closing apps anymore? Will formatting my memory card fix the stutters, even if I don't have apps installed on it??

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Yup, happens too on my L1320. Became less when I switched to a class 10 card. If you have background apps that are running, then move those to the Phone memory.
Get rid of unnecessary apps. Clean the temp files and restart your phone once a day. I do that regularly. My phone runs better now. Wait for the official release. That will reduce the lags.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb