Problem with Facebook notifications

condevpc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
While I'm very happy with my l820 running wp 8.1, I've been having an issue with the new Facebook app.
Whenever I try to open my notifications in the app the message "we are having trouble getting data" pops up. Needles to say that I have Wi-Fi on. Everything else seems to load properly (the news feed, messages, etc) but I can never see my notifications. Anyone else having this problem?

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
maybe you have disabled facebook in battery saver .......it should be allowed to run in background.. for notifications to reach action center ....but yeah even i have problematic notifications only 1 time it did pop up when i have had some 6 notfications today.but if you enable facebook in background you should get notifications

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, now that you mention it, since upg to 8.1, I don't think I've seen this error message yet. Knock on wood.

You're saying you're getting the notifications, you just can't open them when you try to. Have you tried completely uninstalling your FB app, doing a soft reboot and then reinstalling?

I'm using the FB beta app and I haven't had your same problems since going to 8.1. Hope that helps.

condevpc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
No, that's not it. I do get notifications on the action center. The issue here is with the Facebook notifications. I would post a screenshot, but I don't think this app allows me to. Anyways, this is not about the notification center, it's about the notifications on the Facebook app.

condevpc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
In fact,I don't get the notifications at all. For instance, if someone posts something in my wall, I don't get a toast notification, neither it shows up in the action center. And the notification icon in the app is always showing that I have notifications, but it won't let me see it

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that the notifications for FB are messed up right now?

I just looked at mine and mine are accurate (as well as they have been) and I can get the toast notifications. I'm running FB Beta 5.2.4.3.

condevpc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that's the problem. I've always used Facebook beta, but now with the update I downloaded the non beta app. I guess I will go back to the beta and see what happens

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Nokia Lumia 830 and am having the same trouble with the notifications. "We're having trouble getting data" pops up when I click on the notification. Did you ever get an answer to whether there is a fix to this or is it just a glitch in the Windows phones?
Very frustrated switching from an iPhone that didn't have this issue.

ahkyu9

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't think this issue is phone model specific. It happens to me from time to time, with both the beta and the production versions. I think this is a bug within the app that MS hasn't been able to fix. My workaround is to launch the Facebook app directly when this happens. A bit of pain...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb