IE11 and Desktop Site Preference

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Good morning, everyone. I'm trying to figure out if I'm just missing something, but websites will automatically redirect to their mobile counterparts on my 8.1 1520, even though my preference has always been set to desktop. I prefer the desktop Facebook over the app, so right now I'm sort of stuck. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Good morning, everyone. I'm trying to figure out if I'm just missing something, but websites will automatically redirect to their mobile counterparts on my 8.1 1520, even though my preference has always been set to desktop. I prefer the desktop Facebook over the app, so right now I'm sort of stuck. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance.

Hey here's what you do.. Go to the site you want, scroll down or try to find the "go to full website"/"desktop version" option on the page, hit that and from then on IE should load the desktop version :) TEll me if it works

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey there and thanks for the suggestion. This only worked until I closed out IE. It has since done redirects to mobile. Any other suggestions?

anon(8574867)

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Having exactly the same issue on my 1520. This surely must be addressed before 8.1 is rolled out to the masses or it's gonna upset a lot of users. Really annoying as I'm otherwise finding 8.1 a big improvement. Loving Cortana, notification centre and synched favourites, especially.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes