I Miss Music + Videos Hub

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Xbox music runs so slowly and glitchy on my Lumia 920. I really miss the Music hub. I'd give up most of the new features to have my music experience back. Anyone else having an issue or know of any solutions? :cry::crying::crying:

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Actually, the app is not that bad. The sound quality has improved i.e. no hiss anymore at low/ higher volumes. And, this may be personal, the interface is more logical: it is easier to go from a playing song back to the complete overview of your music collection. So, I'd call the app - even though the backgrounds and the (known) bugs - an improvement.

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Xbox music runs so slowly and glitchy on my Lumia 920. I really miss the Music hub. I'd give up most of the new features to have my music experience back. Anyone else having an issue or know of any solutions? :cry::crying::crying:

My problem is with buttons in Xbox music. Why they made them so small ? I wished bigger buttons than those in wp8, but instead they made it smaller. Also I have to swipe so many times to go to my personal videos in Xbox video. Though, sometimes it shows me personal videos at start-up. No option to pin a single video too. My Dad liked it so much. It was good to pin some videos to start screen for single click to play for an old man. Now the only option is to create a new folder in Pictures and pin that folder to start screen. I don't copy my videos to Videos folder anymore.

Developers please make a shortcut app for old hub.

genchigenbutsu

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like the old music player, it felt like a step backwards coming from the Nokia N9, but 8.1 music player is even worse.
Does anyone else find it ridiculous that when you are playing a song, a third of the screen is taken up displaying the words 'xbox' and 'now playing', and there's a massive amount of free space on the right hand side of the screen. I would have assumed that the UI guys would have placed more emphasis on the important content - the cover art should be front and centre, along with the controls, not the tiny controls & cover art we currently have. At the moment it looks like a big ad for xbox or something. And don't get me started on not being able to swipe next song, or the questionable performance

ad2107

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Here's something I put together. It's a mix of the old music/video hub and Xbox Music app. I do miss how fast the music/video hub loaded and also the swipe gesture to switch tracks. I've uploaded this to the MS request board, so if they don't already have and updated design in the works, hopefully this will help.

http://1drv.ms/Qm8Bws

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes