Do you use the Swype Keyboard?

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
For me, this is a dream come true - being the only thing I missed about Android. The only missing element I could really find was using possessive features such as - Adam's, Fran's, the farmer's, etc. On Android's Swipe, you swipe "farmer" then swipe a second time through - 's - and it tacks the combination -'s- onto the word.

In Word Flow, unless someone here has found a trick I haven't, after swiping the word, you then have to open the numbers keyboard, type - ' - then reopen the abc keyboard and type -s-

By no means a dealbreaker, but it's a bit cumbersome on those particular kinds of words..

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I do. I'll do two-thumb landscape for something longer, but for something quick, rather than changing how I'm holding the phone, I find Swype very quick and shockingly accurate.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving it so far. I'm looking forward to when it becomes second nature like I used to be with predictive text on my Nokia 3210, oh! those were the days.

RafRol

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I never thought I would use it; I tried Swype on Android and didn't like it (although admittedly, I didn't give it much time because I never jelled with Android). Prior to WP8.1 I would 'swype' from the uppercase and the symbols keys to get my capital letters and numbers, which I liked a lot about the WP keyboard. Now I find myself using Word Flow every so often and am impressed. I am very efficient typing the traditional way on my L920 so I was never really looking for an alternative, but every once-in-a-while I find my self using it for short messages when using just one hand. I have a feeling it will grow on me. Microsoft has done a great job; without a doubt Windows Phone has the best standard keyboard.

neoxphuse

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
It's super fast and I'm doing the reply on it right now. Super accurate and you don't even have to type that accurate. Just a better way to text. People just need to get used to it.

TheNoise

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm consistently using it when holding the phone one handed, and I love it. When I've got both hands on the phone I'm still typing old school style with both thumbs, and not swiping... yet!

kr33m0

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I do use the word flow keyboard on my 925 and love it. Was always envious of the swipe keyboard on Android. I actually write faster using it!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Heres a question, I tried it after seening this thread but, never have done it before. Is there a video or something to show the ins and outs of how to use it ? Looking for more of basic training so I could get up and running really quick with it...

Or is this just slide for one word, once that word is done, lift up you finger, then place down to start the next word ?

Last edited:

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I really dont find my self using the Swype Keyboard I tend to write faster without it.
Yes it's amazing and I find the UK keyboard has a better accuracy than the US one for some reason (switched to US for Cortina).
Even WordFlow is in the UK dictionary.
Which, incidentally is what the keyboard is called - change the thread title please :)

Can't see how you can be faster tapping. If you write in txt spk then it will be slower but for real English it's hyperquick.

Clodderes

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I use it for writing in English. Unfortunately its not available in my language. But for English it's really good. I can type without the need to correct the word. It can predict it almost everything.

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I use this now all the time even this msg was written with swipe only I have used it for US/UK/India English and all works well even it is very great in typing hinglish words mix of Hindi and English I am totally in love with this can't get enough of it 😉

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried the original Swype for Android on the Samsung Galaxy S back in the day and hatred it, but I'm using word flow to type this and loving every minute of it. 😊

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, we know it is not the Swype keyboard, but one could make the argument that swype, while a brand name, has also become a plain old noun that covers this type of input.

Other examples of licensed brand names that are also now common accepted nouns: Kleenex, Crockpot, Band-Aid, Post-it....

Except that this is far superior to Swype. In Swype you had to circle around double letters, which was a really unnatural motion. Word Flow just figured it out. You know, like a *smart* device should. 😊

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes it's amazing and I find the UK keyboard has a better accuracy than the US one for some reason (switched to US for Cortina).
Even WordFlow is in the UK dictionary.
Which, incidentally is what the keyboard is called - change the thread title please :)

Can't see how you can be faster tapping. If you write in txt spk then it will be slower but for real English it's hyperquick.

You don't have to use the US keyboard to use Cortana. You can change to whatever keyboards language you want and Cortana will still work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes