Hide Twitter/Facebook contacts from People tile?

jpelgrom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Just a moment ago I was trying some things out with the People app, and I linked both my Twitter and Facebook accounts. However, even though I have hidden the contacts from display in the contact list in the settings charm of the app, they still show up on the live tile. This looks awful, since I follow a lot of companies/websites on both Facebook and Twitter, and I don't want to see those 'people' on my tile. Is there any way to prevent this from happening, aside from not linking your accounts?

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Go to people > settings > filter my contact list > uncheck the radio boxes of fb and twitter....
You are set.

If you also want to hide posts from fb and twitter then.....
Go back to people > settings > check the radio box "hide posts from the contacts I've filtered".

jpelgrom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
You know I'm talking about Windows 8, right (since I don't see those options in the places you've described)?

I have unchecked the boxes for Twitter and Facebook in the main settings for the app, and they don't show up in my list of contacts, which is good. However, I was talking about the fact that they still do show up on my live tile (on my start screen). Is there any way to hide them from appearing there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi