Action center opening issues

ToonU

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has this, most of the time when I swipe from the top, the action center doesn't open.
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it's just not noticing it. It's not laggy either so

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure to swipe down from outside the display's area/from the bezel?

I don't have any problems doing so on my 8X ...

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
If your in landscape mode you still have to swipe from the actual top of the phone where the front facing camera is, which kinda sucks.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Does this hapen in any situation or only in specific cases? If only on the lock screen: Maybe you've disabled to show notifications while the phone is locked ...

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I notice apps have screen priority over the AC. So when I try swiping it down while an app is resuming or loading, it cancels the AC, I'll keep swiping to see it just open and close partway down. Gotta wait till whatever app is doing it's thing. I think they should be on separate visual threads.

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
action center will not open in multitask view.
games and some apps prevent accidental action center launch so you have to swipe twice from them.
These are the basic things that should be known , maybe any of this is annoying you...
and also you have to swipe your finger from outside of screen.

Vikram Pagare

May 6, 2014
Visit site
It was working for few days and all of sudden it stopped working.I tried following things.

1. Factory Reset. No go.
2. Swipe from top of the screen. No go.
3. Close all apps and try. No go.
4. Restart phone. No go.
5. Checked settings in Settings Tile. No go.
6. Check whether touch screen has some problem. All well with that.

Need help. Please. I have Nokia Lumia 720.

amorek13

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
have the same problem on 1520, screen went nuts for 30 min, was erratic, nokia recovery tool used to restore, screen was fine updated back to 8.1 no go with notification and does not respond to clicking on volume arrow that shows up when volume button pressed, works fine on 8.0

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue dragging down the action center on my phone sometimes, but I always figured that was because of the case I'm using.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Swiping down to open the AC was problematic on my icon until I found the sweet spot. I just aim for the Nokia logo, works every time.

vikrampagare

May 8, 2014
Visit site
@cbreze...like you said you found sweet spot. I tried it too. It worked. But then I have press really really hard and doesn't work 95% of the time. And if I keep doing so. It will damage the screen. Please help. Any idea when it is releasing in India.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
@cbreze...like you said you found sweet spot. I tried it too. It worked. But then I have press really really hard and doesn't work 95% of the time. And if I keep doing so. It will damage the screen. Please help. Any idea when it is releasing in India.
Well you don't need to press hard at all, very gently. Have you tried a hard reset yet? If not do it and don't reload your backup. See if that helps with fixes. Have no idea about an India release time frame.

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes if you are playing a game or video you only get a little hook, I guess you could call it, to pull down on before it actually displays the whole thing. But I even have lag on my 1520 when there are lots of messages.

Raf_80

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!

guess if any of you have got to the point abt this issue. I just updated to 8.1/Cyan my lumia 720 (no developers preview) through Vodafone OTA and the action center never opened from the time of the update.
The settings for the action center are at their place but the whatever I do on start and lock screen does not open the action center.
I tried to change several settings, but nothing..... any idea?

ice2dragonkiss

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

guess if any of you have got to the point abt this issue. I just updated to 8.1/Cyan my lumia 720 (no developers preview) through Vodafone OTA and the action center never opened from the time of the update.
The settings for the action center are at their place but the whatever I do on start and lock screen does not open the action center.
I tried to change several settings, but nothing..... any idea?

Anyone found a solution yet?!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb