People as Notifications

valeriolucciola

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to setup notifications for people? Kinda like how you can pin a live tile for a person you get an indicator that they sent you an email or message. If so, how? I'd love to see my wife's name in the notification center letting me know an email was available.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
link your wife's email address in people hub (contacts list ), now whenever she will send you an email it will show up in notification centre :wink:

valeriolucciola

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
link your wife's email address in people hub (contacts list ), now whenever she will send you an email it will show up in notification centre :wink:

I have her in my people hub now linked to Skype, twitter, facebook, and etc. but her emails don't go to my inbox. I have filters so everything she sends me goes into a unique folder.

I pinned her as a contact to my start screen and that will get live tile messages but to get notifications I have to rely on individual apps. SMS alerts come through the messages hub. Facebook messages now come through that app. Skype messages through Skype. And to get audio notifications about emails I have to pin her subfolder to my stat screen and hide it at the bottom (these don't show up in my notification center though).

Any other ideas without sending all her emails to my "inbox"?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes