Update of Music app out today?

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The music app is a beta and the people giving it a low rating are clueless.
The music app isn't labeled as beta. It was also released a long time ago for WP8. They've had plenty of time to get it done. I do have faith that they will get it working someday. But there really is no excuse for the quality of this app.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't get you people saying that this is DP and it's released to find out the bugs. I don't know what new bugs MSFT wanna find in the Xbox music apps. Cause these bugs existed since WP8. And they knew tha app is crap. If they had introduced a new version would be better, but they didn't. And the UI of Xbox music is horrible, old music+videos hub looked a lot better.. They better change it. Ohh and the annoying splash screen when you open the app, that should b gone. Cause, now I no longer feel WP is faster than Android. My friend's S3 works better.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
The music app isn't labeled as beta. It was also released a long time ago for WP8. They've had plenty of time to get it done. I do have faith that they will get it working someday. But there really is no excuse for the quality of this app.

No one forced you to download it when it came out for 8.0.

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So? This doesn't make it any better. The first WP8.1 devices will be out by the end of may. By then, the app will still be crap. Customers are not interested in "beta" or "preview" lables. They want quality. The competition delivers in that department. Microsoft does not. That's all that matters.

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept of seperating apps from the OS. But this does not justify poor quality, lasting for months. The Xbox Music team have to make their homework in terms of qualitiy and they need to speed up development in order to catch up with the competition. Good music support is crucial these days. What Microsoft has to offer can be considerd a joke in my opinion. That has to change, better sooner than later. They're running out of time, really. Customers are not going to base their buying decisions on promises but rather on facts. And you know those facts.

Do you want to know why some people are literally forced to install preview software on their Windows Phone devices? This OS was lacking so much in some departments that a lof of people just could not wait any longer. And that's why Microsoft conduct these preview programs and that's why requirements are so low. How many developers are among those 1M+ people that installed the preview on their devices? That's the way I see it.

Last edited:

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Seriously? Would you be happy if nobody ever used new software? The whole reason for releasing new software into the store is so that people can DOWNLOAD AND USE IT. And I never complained back then because I figured it would be fixed at some point. But now it's still not working and 8.1 is about to be sold in new phones very soon. Playing music is a main feature of any phone and this experience is a joke. I actually love WP and want it to do well. The old app was flawless. Sure it could have been better, but it did everything it was supposed to do without any real issues.

Djole77

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? Would you be happy if nobody ever used new software? The whole reason for releasing new software into the store is so that people can DOWNLOAD AND USE IT. And I never complained back then because I figured it would be fixed at some point. But now it's still not working and 8.1 is about to be sold in new phones very soon. Playing music is a main feature of any phone and this experience is a joke. I actually love WP and want it to do well. The old app was flawless. Sure it could have been better, but it did everything it was supposed to do without any real issues.
are you a developer? since you downloaded a developer preview of the OS maybe you should try to make a better app yourself.
if not then wait for the OS to be officially released and then compare with the old one. Right now is work in progress. If you didn't want to have problems you should had stayed with 8.0 until it got officially released. I bet you that the app will be fine by then.

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If you didn't want to have problems you should had stayed with 8.0 until it got officially released.
That's also a work in progress.

I bet you that the app will be fine by then.
The public release of WP8.1 is only one month ahead. Are you aware of that? Given the crappy quality the app has right now, I very much doubt your statement to be accurate.

Playing music is a main feature of any phone and this experience is a joke.
Has been, actually, ever since they dumped Zune. Zune was a great product. Xbox Music is not.

Djole77

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That's also a work in progress.

The public release of WP8.1 is only one month ahead. Are you aware of that? Given the crappy quality the app has right now, I very much doubt your statement to be accurate.

Has been, actually, ever since they dumped Zune. Zune was a great product. Xbox Music is not.

all OS are work in progress. Since music was working fine in 8.0 he should have stayed there until the new update was officially released

and I know when the 8.1 is going to be released. (With carriers though don't be so sure about that :p) One month or two months we are talking for 2-4 updates more so I believe until then the app will be fine. for my casual music usage its even fine now.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
are you a developer? since you downloaded a developer preview of the OS maybe you should try to make a better app yourself.
if not then wait for the OS to be officially released and then compare with the old one. Right now is work in progress. If you didn't want to have problems you should had stayed with 8.0 until it got officially released. I bet you that the app will be fine by then.
As stated before, this xbox music app was released long before 8.1 came out, and that was to the public for everyone to download.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
As stated before, this xbox music app was released long before 8.1 came out, and that was to the public for everyone to download.

I think the issue is more that with the 8.1 release you are forced to use the new music app, it is no longer an optional download in addition to the original music hub

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
all OS are work in progress. Since music was working fine in 8.0 he should have stayed there until the new update was officially released

and I know when the 8.1 is going to be released. (With carriers though don't be so sure about that :p) One month or two months we are talking for 2-4 updates more so I believe until then the app will be fine. for my casual music usage its even fine now.

Hard to have faith when the one update they have managed to push out (late, I might add), didn't actually fix any problems. It just added a feature for Cortana.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It should also be noted, that this IS NOT an exact copy of the old hub. There is no VIDEO and many other stuff missing. Which is fine with me, just noting it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes