Battery heating problem fix

Mainak47

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm facing battery heating problem since I update my Nokia Lumia 520 to windows phone 8.1. Will the problem fix after the cyan update from Nokia or else ?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
How long has it been going on? On both my phones, they were very warm the first couple of days after updating, but it stopped after that. I attributed it to background processes by the OS.

Mainak47

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
How long has it been going on? On both my phones, they were very warm the first couple of days after updating, but it stopped after that. I attributed it to background processes by the OS.

It's going on from the day of update.

"I attributed it to background processes by the OS"--- Can you please explain ?

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix the battery heating problem ?

There are many many things going on that can be making your phone heat up. It could be individual settings and conditions with your phone.
1) did you upgrade or did you full-reset the phone then install 8.1?
2) what apps are you running that could run hot in the background?
3) are you using facebook app? Have you disconnected the facebook integration from Outlook.com Microsoft account, which can help with duplicates and other issues.
4) Are you running GPS and Cortana all the time?
5) How long have you had 8.1 installed on your device?

Again, your situation and conditions are endless. Tell us something you know about what is going on. It could be some 520 are heating up, or more limited to your phone/setup.

To answer your original question, Cyan will be a firmware upgrade and will do tons to smooth out most of the hiccups and headaches people experience with 8.1.

Mainak47

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
There are many many things going on that can be making your phone heat up. It could be individual settings and conditions with your phone.
1) did you upgrade or did you full-reset the phone then install 8.1?
2) what apps are you running that could run hot in the background?
3) are you using facebook app? Have you disconnected the facebook integration from Outlook.com Microsoft account, which can help with duplicates and other issues.
4) Are you running GPS and Cortana all the time?
5) How long have you had 8.1 installed on your device?

Again, your situation and conditions are endless. Tell us something you know about what is going on. It could be some 520 are heating up, or more limited to your phone/setup.

To answer your original question, Cyan will be a firmware upgrade and will do tons to smooth out most of the hiccups and headaches people experience with 8.1.

1) I upgrade my Lumia and reset the phone after update
2) In my background the apps running after WhatsApp, Xbox music, battery saver, calendar.
3) No. I'm not using Facebook app. I didn't disconnect Facebook integration from outlook.
4) In running gps all time but Cortana is not available in my region.
5) I installed 8.1 at April 14

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon