Internet Sharing not Working in 8.1

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a at&t lumia 920 (cyan) w/8.1 installed. I used to use internet sharing a lot but have noticed that I am unable to get this feature working again.

What I mean is that I can enable this feature with network name and password no devices (laptop or tablet) are able to connect.

I just keep getting the request for the password (on the iPad ) or failure to connect ( laptop...Win7).

I've tried rebooting each device
I've tried renaming the internet sharing network with no success

​Is anyone else having this issue?

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had something weird like that with my 925, where my DV8P would connect, but say limited service(no internet). It also wouldn't remember the network, and I'd have to reenter the code every time. the only thing that might have done something was to open the access point app, and after that, it worked. I have no idea if that was the fix, but basically, I just opened and closed the setting.

bearingnorth

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Has not worked with my Lumia 1520 ever since I got 8.1 via Developers Preview loaded on it. Hopefully it is fixed by the time it ships to production.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It's been pretty buggy for me on 8.1. Upon attempting to turn it on, it frequently gets stuck and doesn't finish (the quick toggle just shows "Connecting..." It's always fixed after a reboot, but it's a pain.

a-Tree

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Worked on my 520 for about 5 mins, then it disconnected my laptop and the phone stopped responding. Wierdly if I pressed the power button, nothing happened. But if you then hold the power button down the screen shows up and functions, but only while the button is held.... Very strange, def not right!!!

djmpro

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
i have a Lumia 820 with WP8.1 "8.10.14176.243" dev preview, when i share connexion i can connect with my Laptop, but i got "no internet" and i can't ping my phone !

dcowpc

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
This drove me crazy until I found a post that suggested going to my laptop wifi adapter properties and turning off IPV6. This got my SP3 reliably connecting to my HTC 8X running the 8.1 Dev Preview. If even one device is IPV6 that seems to kill the phone hotspot for all devices.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've only had 8.1DP on my 822 for a few days, but so far I'm not seeing any change in internet sharing -- seems to work as it did before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon