is swiping right in notification center blocks future notifications?

imakhil_kp

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There were proper notifications before I swiped right to clear notifications. but now there seems to be no notifications in notification center I have to open apps to new new messages..

Don't know what else I have done wrong how can I rectify that and have proper notifications..

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Swiping right will remove your current notifications (and there's no way to review them again once you're cleared them) but it won't stop you from getting new ones. Are you saying that after you cleared your messages you aren't getting any notifications from anything (even new calls or texts?) or just notifications from certain apps?

imakhil_kp

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I Cleared a message I received via WhatsApp now for that contact its not showing the notifications but for others its there in notification center and its not just with this app it happened with other apps.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I Cleared a message I received via WhatsApp now for that contact its not showing the notifications but for others its there in notification center and its not just with this app it happened with other apps.

Check the notification settings

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Weird, I swipe to clear alot and I still get notifications. Have you rebooted your device yet? Troubleshooting 101 there. :p. I don't use WhatsApp though, so can't say exactly for that. Hated it, had to switch to LINE. :S

imakhil_kp

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Its not about WhatsApp its happening with others some notifications showup there in notification center sometimesnot that's really wired dnt know what's d problem... Anyways thnx for replying

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it's the issue with some apps adapting to 8.1. My Whatsapp and Wechat stopped showing any notifications after the second day (I also suspected swiping right to clear was the culprit, it was not). After a number of soft reset and reinstalling the app and tweaking every option possible for Notification, Wifi, Data, Battery, nothing worked. I gave up for a couple days and voila, it suddenly started working after about a week, without me doing anything special at that point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers