Internet explorer not working via mobile network on lumia 520 (winodws phone 8.1 dev preview)

Collins_sang

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a lumia 520 that I recently updated to be specific on the 14th of this month when the dev preview was released. My phone updated without any glitches and works just fine apart from the internet explorer that only works through WIFI and not mobile network. My APN is just fine because I have been using it on the previous version of windows phone 8 before I updated to 8.1. I am a newbee please help..

Collins_sang

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I updated all the apps after the upgrade and still now change at all the internet explorer only works on WIFI and not mobile network. it keeps showing that DNS server cannot be found yet my APN is correct

kikoeightone

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Tesco mobile in UK and this happened to me. Not sure if this applies to OP but there's a thread elsewhere on the forums about this with a link to a solution involving manually setting up a new api

Collins_sang

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
kikoeightone thanks alot do you mind if you give me the link of that post i would gladly appreciate

And to answer the question i have done the soft reset and even did the hard reset on my lumia 520 but still nothing happend. ill try changing my APN manually and see what happens

the Graywolf

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I had the same problem too.
I got help from earlier forums in here. Someone figured out that you need to create a new APN. Copy from the one that is already on your device to the new one but leave the proxy address and port fields empty.. It worked for me and a bunch of other guys who had a similar problem.

kikoeightone

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb