Haven't tried to do this since I was on android. But I installed the 8.1 update a couple of days ago, wondering if there is a way to uninstall some of the junk stock apps that I will never use.
    04-28-2014 07:10 PM
    Haven't tried to do this since I was on android. But I installed the 8.1 update a couple of days ago, wondering if there is a way to uninstall some of the junk stock apps that I will never use.
    Which apps you want to uninstall? and why?
    04-28-2014 07:23 PM
    The only thing you really can't uninstall is the OS apps. Any carrier installed app can be removed.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-28-2014 07:26 PM
    Just long press it in the apps list and select uninstall. My lumia came with the least amount of bloatware of any phone I've ever had.
    04-28-2014 07:32 PM
    I really don't think anything you can remove by that method qualifies as bloat
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-28-2014 07:51 PM
    Which apps you want to uninstall? and why?
    Stuff like the Office, onenote and some of the others. And mostly just to free up space and some performance. Also I'm not very keen on the new ap list setup since its folder organized. (weird OCD thing kicking in)
    04-28-2014 10:07 PM
    Stuff like the Office, onenote and some of the others. And mostly just to free up space and some performance. Also I'm not very keen on the new ap list setup since its folder organized. (weird OCD thing kicking in)
    Those are core parts and cannot be removed. Frankly, I'm confused.
    Why
    Why
    That's almost like asking how to delete Settings?
    Personally I rely on those, so of course my use case is different, but the most you can do is unpin them and ignore them in the app list.

While it could free up space, there will be zero performance gains.
    Etyrnus likes this.
    04-28-2014 11:24 PM
    Well it depends.
    I used the method to remove Lumia storage check on my 925 that has no SD card.
    No to mention a few other system apps not being used.
    Storage check is one thing, but just because you don't use a feature doesn't make it bloat
    04-29-2014 11:36 AM
    Windows Phone doesn't have bloatware and even if you could remove the things you mention, it would only free up around 100mb.
    04-29-2014 01:29 PM
    Those are core parts and cannot be removed. Frankly, I'm confused.
    Why
    Why
    That's almost like asking how to delete Settings?
    Personally I rely on those, so of course my use case is different, but the most you can do is unpin them and ignore them in the app list.

While it could free up space, there will be zero performance gains.

Well here's why for me.

I uninstalled both glance and double tap.Let the phone settle in without them,and my sensitivity screen issue went away. I reinstalled them and added glance to peek..not double tap..and the sensitivity issue is 10x better. Without both,there was none..si at least for my phone,these 2 sys apps are the issue with the sensitivity of the screen.

With App Pusher you can put them back.

You can get silly with any tool,but,for a preview like 8.1 it's nice to be able to utilize properly.

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    04-29-2014 02:00 PM