Why oh Why No RESET option?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
It seems like such a simply request, an easy option to add...

So why don't we have a RESET/REBOOT option in Windows Phone?
Why, when I need to reboot my phone for whatever reason do I have to do a full power down, then power back up?

I thought for sure the Preview for Developers 8.1 would have given us a reboot option but no..Sure, there are reboot apps I can install (which I did) but come on MS, so simple a request.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It seems like such a simply request, an easy option to add...

So why don't we have a RESET/REBOOT option in Windows Phone?
Why, when I need to reboot my phone for whatever reason do I have to do a full power down, then power back up?

I thought for sure the Preview for Developers 8.1 would have given us a reboot option but no..Sure, there are reboot apps I can install (which I did) but come on MS, so simple a request.

Know what you mean.

When the "Reboot Now" app was working I used it regularly and my phone devices were floating along with no/minimal problemz.
Personally I think regular rebooting weekly or more is a good thing (probably get a lot of arguments there)

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Know what you mean.

When the "Reboot Now" app was working I used it regularly and my phone devices were floating along with no/minimal problemz.
Personally I think regular rebooting weekly or more is a good thing (probably get a lot of arguments there)

Talk to anyone that knows anything about how mobile phones and software work and they'll tell you that you should reboot at least once a week. No argument here..lol

Anyway, regardless , its a simple addition for MS if they wanted to do it.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
My old blackberry needed a reboot every few days. If I tried to go a week it was crawling on its knees. My 920 doesn't seem to need a reboot very often. But then again I power it off every day for about 8 hours, so maybe that helps.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't turning it off/turning it on do the same thing as rebooting..........
What you just waste like 5 more seconds? Is that time that much more valuable to you?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Originally Posted by Guytronic
Too much work...especially when wasted.....

Really? And you're an Ambassador??

Thanx for not quoting completely.
Apologies if you took this the wrong way.

My original complete statement...
Too much work...especially when wasted or with an aching back while laying flat :winktongue:

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't turning it off/turning it on do the same thing as rebooting..........
What you just waste like 5 more seconds? Is that time that much more valuable to you?

My time is very valuable, yes. :)

I can also guarantee you it will take a lot longer than 5 sec, try 30 goimg from start to finish.

But thats not the point. Its a simply feature that is in other OS's that some, not all, people may find useful. If not, just ignore it...

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The 2 button reset is a pain.
In this digital age of impatience a reset should be a software feature.

As already emulated in this thread regular soft resets are a system benefit.
I'm a firm believer and think it's important.
So this feature should be built into the OS.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The soft reset turns the phone off, then turns it back on. Enjoy.

Ok, i know we're in beating a dead horse territory but i have tryed a "soft reset" on my HTC 8S. My understanding is its power button + volume down. If this is not correct let me know.

Here's what happens when I do that... After a few sec the slide down to power down screen shows. I slide down and it powers down. But it doesnt cycle back on. I have to push the power button to turn it back on, plus, my ringer is now down to 0 and im on vibrate.

Gotta be a better way

Ps- the 2 reboot ap ps I found dont work with 8.1.. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster