Phone hanging and lagging after moving all of the apps to the SD card?

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I never felt any lag till now. Asphalt 8, Rail Rush, Rayman series and many more heavy games work smoothly on my lumia 620 wp 8.1 and 16gb class 10 sd card

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Just moved all of my apps back to the phone memory and there seems to be an improvement on my phone's performance. It's a lot smoother now. I guess my hunch is right.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Its written in a small circle at top right corner of pack in which memory card comes

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if the Lumias support their speeds, but if the card speed is an issue, consider getting UHS-I or UHS-II SD cards, some have very quick read/write speeds. I have a UHS-II 64 GB SD card that is rated to read up to 95 Mbps, and write something like 60 Mbps. My tests showed it get a reliable average of about 80 Mbps read. Check the speeds when you buy them though, some have slower write speeds. They're a bit more expensive, but can be worth it for things like phones or tablets.

With that said, if getting faster cards doesn't help with performance, it's possible that the phone just can't take advantage of it.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Remember, "UHS" supersedes the "Class" for speed rating now days.

I haven't been able to find any real documentation, but with my experimenting with various micro SD cards, I believe Windows Phones use UHS-I bus for microSD. So, look for UHS-I rated cards to use in your phone.

I don't think Windows Phones use the UHS-II bus, yet. You can tell a UHS-II microSD card, by the extra row of pins.

Last edited:

Vinit Yadav

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
i hv some large games on 16 GB sd card and i hv no problem in running them lyk of six guns, asp 8. it took some tym to start i feel, but no lagging in game, L720.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes