Apps wont update or intall in Lumia 920 with 8.1

Javier Ferreira

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Since about a week I'm not being able to update nor install new apps on my Nokia Lumia 920 running WP 8.1 (devs preview). The apps stay as "pending".
When asking Nokia over twitter they ended up sending me to their forums or asking me to perform a hard-reset (wich I think can't be an actual solution)...
Anyone has this problem too? :crying:
wp_ss_20140502_0001.png wp_ss_20140502_0002.png

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Check your phone storage. I had similar issue and my phone storage was fully utilized. I had to make space.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
correct. this issue may rise because of the storage space. but generally it shall be noted to you.
anyway, u can transfer a few apps to memory card and then try again updating. hope this resolves ur error.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with My Stocks Portfolio but surprisingly it installed the update today. OP, give it another shot..maybe there was a problem and it got resolved today.

Javier Ferreira

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Check your phone storage. I had similar issue and my phone storage was fully utilized. I had to make space.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

I currently have 10.23 GB of free space :/ I don't think that's the problem (although there's 8GB of "other" storage which I don't know how to erase)

I'm starting to accept the idea of doing a hard-reset but I'm afraid that
a) it wont fix it and
b) the other issues my phone had which made apps like Nokia Camera and HERE City View unable to launch (not recognizing the APIs for accelerometer, compass and motion) may come back (the apps somehow work now)

I'm having a really hard time loving my phone right now -.-U

Buuut anyway, thank all you guys for trying to help me! I hope a solution magicaly appears soon haha :grincry:

Javier Ferreira

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, now that WhatsApp is back on the store I did a hard-reset, I can download and update apss again but the other issues my phone had which made apps like Nokia Camera and HERE City View unable to launch (not recognizing the APIs for accelerometer, compass and motion) are back :/

It could be worst, I suppose...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital