Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

i have installed the past week the version of preview of windows phone 8.1 aqnd now my operator released Nokia Lumia Black but when i search by updates can not get it appear phone upgraded

my quetion is, if took the preview 8.1 can get lumia black firmware, i have currently the firmware amber

best regards
    Francisco
    05-02-2014 06:58 PM
    With the 8.1 preview installed you have the very latest firmware.
    The phone won't overwrite the 8.1 preview.

If really want "black" you could use Nokia Care suite to go out of the preview.
    Doing that may cause more trouble than is worthwhile however.

Truthfully I would just stay with the preview if it works well.
    05-02-2014 09:04 PM
    just i downgraded to the lastest version GDDR 3 which my operator released, just with pain i did it, i liked 8.1 but when be officially released and depured of the bugs and etc with Lumia cyan then would be great

by what could understand from my experience is the following

you can not jump from GDDR2 to 8.1 without an proper and current firmware because are accumulatives ones in my case i had Amber and adopted 8.1 but 8.1 need at least Black for run can not jump from version 2 to 8.1 and ignore the otrher two firmwares.

by my experience windows phone 8.1 is wonderfulo, the preview have many glitches but will be solved on due time but is an grow up from the old 2-3 versions of 8.0 cortana works like charm and hope grow up windows phone a lot.

just the glitches was low battery life and constant 3G connectivity problems but the rest was fine, and just the DLNA support that is not in preview version but the rest worked fine for be an beta one.
    Last edited by scandiskwindows9x; 05-02-2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: add details
    05-02-2014 10:28 PM