Getting an error code 0x80131500 when Nokia Software Recovery Tool is installing...

patrickg25

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I've tried everything in my Lumia 625. First of all, I've updated to WP8.1 DP and need to go back to WP8.0 because of battery issues. When I use the recovery tool and is about to install the firmware on my phone, the code comes up.
I appreciate your help.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been getting this error for two days now.....I've tried resetting my phone (lumia 1520) and went so far as to uninstall and reinstall the software recovery tool.....nothing works. I've searched the web.....there's plenty of people complaining about this error but no one seems to have a solution....this is really frustrating

ne49

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, with a Lumia 520. I finally got it to install:
Download the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and install it, but do not run it.
Start MSCONFIG. Change the settings to Clean Boot.
On the General Tab, choose Selective Startup. Uncheck "Load startup items".
On the Services tab, check "Hide all Microsoft services".
Click on "Disable all" button, on the right side. Click OK button.
Restart the computer. You should now be able to finish the install.
Remember to reset MSCONFIG to Normal startup.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
This has been endlessly frustrating. I'm trying to go back to stock on my Lumia 920 because it doesn't look like Microsoft is serious about helping people on the Developer Preview who have the 80188308 error. I've tried dozens of times between my Surface Pro 3 and laptop, with every configuration I can think of. I've tried every USB port, turning off Firewall and Windows Defender, uninstalling/reinstalling Nokia Software Recovery, starting Windows without several startup programs, disabling duplicate "Lumia 920s" in the Device Manager, but nothing will get me past this error code. It gets to the installing firmware step and instantly fails every time. There's an unfortunate lack of information on the Internet as to what the error code actually means.

So here I sit, unable to update forward or downgrade my 920. Oh well...first world problems.

thefaithless

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, with a Lumia 520. I finally got it to install:
Download the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and install it, but do not run it.
Start MSCONFIG. Change the settings to Clean Boot.
On the General Tab, choose Selective Startup. Uncheck "Load startup items".
On the Services tab, check "Hide all Microsoft services".
Click on "Disable all" button, on the right side. Click OK button.
Restart the computer. You should now be able to finish the install.
Remember to reset MSCONFIG to Normal startup.

cool 'ne49' , it worked fine!

tnx for sharing the experience mate....

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I just sent a message to nokia care on twitter. @nokiahelps

hopefully I could get a response

nl920 from att. just froze during a whatsapp conversation and restarted. while plugged in it went from 56% to 0% now I get a blue screen with a sad smiley face. the nsrt gives me the same error.

Biswajit Mohanty

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I tried the steps you mention but my lumia 520is not getting detected. After enabling 'ADU service', 'Service layer', phone gets detected but installation fails.
I am having Mcafee antivirus in my laptop and 'Mcafee Validation Trust Protection Service' is running as not able to disable it.
A appreciate a quick solution on this.
Thanks
Biswajit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon