Add artist image to music ?

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
(FYI- I don't have an Xbox Music pass, so my music comes from my PC, without artist images.)

How do you do this? On WP8 the "MPA tool" app worked perfect, until WP8.1 preview came out. I can do without the live tile, but without artist images in the background, my music player is so dull and boring.

If anyone can help me with:

1. Whether there's a new app in the market to do this

2. Whether there's some sort of workaround. Other than the Music Hub Tile app. That's a last resort, for now.

3. If nothing, i'd really appreciate it if someone told me how to add artist image to songs from PC. I can add album arts, but how do you add artist image?

jimkraz

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Download an image of the Artist, use photo program to make app 600x600, then add same way as album art, I use media monkey or iTunes to add my art, with media monkey select track or album and add cover/picture.

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
with media monkey select track or album and add cover/picture.

I tried it. But it isn't recognized as the artist image and doesn't show up in the background when i play the song on my phone.

It's so frustrating, the stupid app (Xbox Music) doesn't even recognize the album art!! Windows Media Player shows the album art just fine, so there's nothing wrong with the tag, it's simply the lousy Music app!!! How can they not make a decent MUSIC app, which is one of the most fundamental features of smartphones -- a truly "smart" music app. :eck:

Anyways, thanks for the help man. I'm gonna keep looking into more id3 tag editors and see if i can fix this. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon