Will you stay on Windows Phone 8?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Going back to 2 rows of tiles and no action center would make my phone feel old. Lol. Not to mention finally getting Data Sense, no thanks to AT&T.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am back on WP8 and I hate it...lol

For starters, please tell me that the DP is still available to install...I thought I read a few weeks back that the preview had been halted or something.

Anyway....I got myself a New windows Phone(the same phone I had...just a different color) today so it of course reset my back to WP8. I had sort of considered going back to 8 because the biggest issue and annoyance was my signal with my 1520. I was constantly dropping calls and what not and it was just annoying to always see the "no signal" icon

So I go through the activation of my phone and already within a month I am hardwired with Wp 8.1

1. I tried "Action Center" to see how long my battery was lasting....LOL then I remembered, all this does is just show the Icons at the top.

2. IE only opens up like 6 tabs.....

3. I was trying to tell Cortana to remind me of something only to be greeted by the boring old WP and bing lol.

And while the signal issues have gotten slightly better, it is nothing that i'd say is way better. I still have lack of signal sometimes and drop a call here and there. Which means. while it happens less with the official WP8,. it's likely more so AT&T than anything to do with my phone & software.

After spending the last 6 hours back on 8, I realize that the small stuff add into 8.1 really do make one bad a** update and I can't wait to get off 8 and back on wp 8.1

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Micah! If you were registered for the preview before, you just need to reinstall Preview for Developers on your new phone and follow the prompts. I'm sure you know we had an update today, lol.

Btw, what is the new color? I believe you had a red one before, right? Hope it works great for you!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi Micah! If you were registered for the preview before, you just need to reinstall Preview for Developers on your new phone and follow the prompts. I'm sure you know we had an update today, lol.

Btw, what is the new color? I believe you had a red one before, right? Hope it works great for you!

Yep I had red :) and I now have yellow...I was waiting for Green but ehh they took too long lol

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep I had red :) and I now have yellow...I was waiting for Green but ehh they took too long lol

Yeah, I originally wanted yellow, but it was virtually nonexistent at launch time. Being the impatient "kid at Christmas time" that I am, I got the red, too. I have to say, I'm very happy with it.

Have you installed 8.1 on your yellow beast yet? I installed it on mine last night. The jury is still out as far as battery life; I'll have to wait and see, since it was great before the update. 😊

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It's the toughest for me to stay on 8.1 and if you're a fellow Lumia Icon user you know why...

...but I'm trying to stick it out because I know how rewarding it'll be the day we turn on our phone and have the full features of 8.1 without the overheating/battery issues and the WiFi/wake-delay issues.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Conflicted - totally conflicted. Lol!

Why?

Cause running 8.0 on my NL925 originally was sooooo smooth. Like butter smooth, in every application.

Then I install DP 8.1 and battery life suffered from 25-30 hours with moderate usage to 15 tops!! (On first install of 8.1). So ... Reverted back to 8.0 TILL I see yesterdays blog about "fixes" to 8.1 battery life and bugs. Jumped on having Notifications, Transparent tiles/background, and Cortana again.

And after one day?

No significant battery increase that my phone is experiencing (same usage).

But what I am seeing?

I now have a laggy Android phone ... Scrolling that sticks, flashes of white screen when I open or close my 2 email accounts (consistently!), doubling sometimes of top icons for Wi-Fi, battery, etc at top of screen ... and not the unique Windows Phone I had enjoyed and even bragged about to people!!

Totally conflicted ~ lol!!

WP of old .... or copy cat Android??

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Going old school - 😁

Yep ... Finally decided to go back to 8.0 and enjoy my phone again. After trying DP 8.1 twice now, and experiencing how laggy, buggy, battery draining and Android like my phone had become under 8.1.

I just personally decided, for me, I wanted some sanity, smoothness, good battery life back on my phone.

HAPPY to say I got that again now with 8.0. Kinda reminds me again what originally attracted me to WP in the first place. How smooth and simple the OS was!

I don't really miss Cortana because I can get "her" features using other apps (news, weather, sports, reminders, etc).

But being totally honest - I DEFINITELY will miss the Word Flow typing and Notification Center.

If I could JUST get those two features, coupled with the silky smooth way my NL925 is running again (on 8.0) ... I'd be one happy camper!!

Last edited:

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I thought the idea of having notifications on the tiles were the way instead of the drop down notifications center.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Considering there is a update now for WP8.1 and you guys being so positive I have given WP8.1 another shot. I miss being able to stream my music (my purchased music won't show on 8.1) but darn the start screen is nice in WP8.1. Still miss my social hub sorely, but will see if I can keep my self on this update. I'm 50/50 currently.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Let us know if your Preview update worked on your new phone. This was my only reason why I have not gotten the new Icon/929 on Verizon because I did not want to have to revert back to 8.0. I am just to used to 8.1 now to go back.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Finally back on WP8 again. I missed my Xbox Music and social feat to much. I will stay here until i see some huge changes to those two in WP8.1 that gives a pleasant user experience on my L1020. I hope others is still optimistic.

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
YES I keep my L720
But purchase iphone 6 as well, because,
we are not fan-boys(or supporters), we are users

The only Ace that WP has it in hand is its Simplicity which iOS lost it after iOS 8 or better to say iOS function
apple choose function between function and minimal design
I think WP has a real app gap, and is not mature, but still has a chance to become #1 minimally designed OS

Last edited:

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm one that had no issues (HTC 8X) after the update. 8.1 is way better than 8.0 and therefore, will not be going back.

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
All I'm really getting out if 8.1 is maybe notification center. What else was included? Pictures auto downloads in email.facebook integration is way slower on 8.1

sguy156

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I have no issues with 8.1 will stay with it , lets hope battery life better with the new update got pushed yesterday.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My 925 runs 8.1 DP, and my 8X runs 8.0. Because music is important to me, I'm NOT going to update my 8X until the Xbox app is good. Because I flip flop between both phones so much, the biggest difference is swiping down on the notification centre to access the settings shortcuts. That I miss on my 8X. Otherwise, the experience is roughly the same for me with either 8.0 or 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos