Project my display with HDMI - Micro USB help

YeOldeGoat

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Im trying to mirror my HTC 8x's display (running 8.1 preview) to my hdtv via a micro USB to HDMI MHL adapter

this is the one I have:
Yellowknife 5pin Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter Premium 4096?2160P 1 4 3ft HDMI | eBay

So far its not working. I thought it would work like the rocketfish adapter I bought for my macbook pro's minidisplay port. Is it possible to get it working? I also have a samsung galaxy axiom (almost identical to s3 mini) on Jelly Bean 4.2, can I display using that too?

Thanks.

Andy D2

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
What exactly is the point of the project my display app if you can only project it to your windows pc/laptop?

Surely it would be easier to just use your laptop or transfer any photos/videos with the usb cable?

When I was first reading about this app I (incorrectly it appears) assumed you could hook up your phone to a projector via a usb/VGA adapter as this would actually be useful? Is there no way you can do this?

Thanks
Andy

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
not directly. USB to PC OR if you have a newer WP8.1 phone (1520, M8, a few others), you can use miracast to wirelessly connect to a miracast reciever (like smart TV's)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa