new one: random camera launching!

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
So recently the camera app on my lumia had been launching when trying to swipe around various apps.

I thought what the hell is it doing? But for lack of a better explanation I put this down to perhaps holding the phone in the wrong place thus launching the camera or maybe mistakenly hitting an icon like in whatsapp that takes you to your camera or albums.

But just now I was in that live tile clock app and a swipe to the left to read the tutorial resulted in the camera launching! As far as I am aware there is no camera functionality in that app! And my finger wasn't anywhere near the camera button!

Rather odd I must say.

Not much else to say our ask really. Don't think its particularly repeatable, it just happens when you least expect. Wonder if anyone else has experienced odd behaviour such as this?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is the camera app tile pinned to the start screen?
Could the camera button be malfunctioning?
Is there a case on the phone that might be affecting the camera button?
Does the camera app function normally when opened?

Just a few thots.
I had a low quality case that was operating the side buttons for me a while back.
Sometimes debris can get in to the hardware buttons and affect function.
Regards...

Cotswolds

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
This is definitely a bug with 8.1. It has happened to me several times with the first time being within the first 5 minutes after updating. I recall reading other people having this bug as well. Maybe it only happens on 1520?

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Just come back to update. Seemed to be doing it more frequently now. Number of times I've gone to hit a link in IE and the camera opens. I had my sat nav on the other day and mid journey the camera opens!! Camera button nowhere near being pressed or anything. No cheap case and camera app not pinned.

Hopefully its a bug and not hardware. Though to be honest I am now about ready to ditch windows phone and give Android a try. Finding the 1520 just a bit to large if I am being honest. And I just can't get on with some of the ways the OS works.

For instance i don't like the way apps seem to like closing out of memory. Everytime I go back to an app I have to start over!! Like today I had a route ready to go in here maps and then the phone went to lock. When I came back and opened the app I had to do everything all over again. This happens on the WP central app as well and if I leave mytube mid video and come back later again it just forgets where you were. Have to go find the video again and remember where I got up to.

Is the anyway to stop that happening?

Eso Rimmer CZ

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Started happening after update to WP 8.1, so definitely a software problem.

I wonder if there is an easy way how to report this to Nokia/Microsoft. If people report it, there would be higher chance of faster response and bug fix release.

lallen3

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Just got a brand new green 1520 and the camera opened while I was looking at my accounts in an app called Prism. It happens at random times. No accidental buttons were pushed, because phone was lying on my desk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs