Notification Center/Toast Notification Problem

corbarn

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I love my Windows Phone 8.1, but the one issue for me that I wish could be resolved is the fact that when I get a toast notification from ESPN or NBC News, I can only see the first few words as the entire headline doesn't fit on the screen of the one-line notification. So as an example, I'll see "Former Patriots tight end Aaron H" and that's it. Then when I go to the Action Center to try to fully view it, it's the same thing. Can they not implement some form of "word wrap" so that the entire toast notification can be displayed?

What makes things worse is that when I click on one of these notifications, it simply opens the app and doesn't lead me to the specific story. So often times, I get a notification that I can't read, try to click on it to find out more, only to never be able to actually locate the story. What's the point of even getting the notification?!? That linking to a specific story may be an app-specific issue (I'm not sure), but I'm sure the "word wrap" issue has got to be a Windows Phone issue. I don't seem to see anyone else complaining about this, so I'm not sure if it is just really bugging only me, or if others aren't experiencing this same problem.

Does anyone else find this frustrating or have some solutions? I've looked all over settings and can't find anything. Thanks.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
There is no word wrap (yet). I believe you can tap on the story to go to it, tapping on the app name takes to the app. Word Wrap is cool, they should add it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes