WP8.1 & Outlook.com

trini0

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I've been using 8.1 on my N920, since it was released.
When setting up the phone, I log into my Microsoft account using my primary Outlook.com email address.
One of the mailboxes I have synced to the phone, is Outlook.com.
I updated to 8.10.12382.878 this week. After the update, my Outlook.com account would not sync. I tried removing it and re-adding it, but get the same results.
I performed two soft updates, and the behavior doesn't change.
It seems that I'm unable to add my Outlook.com account, because the email address is the same as my Microsoft account.
Has anyone run into a similar issue?
Attempting an advanced email setup also gives the same results.

Is my only option, to setup the device using an alternate email address, so that I can add Outlook.com?

Before this latest update and in WP8, I didn't have this issue.

Thanks for looking.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I'm confused. You say you already have a Microsoft account added on the phone under the 'email + accounts' settings page correct? And that is the same email address/account that you are trying to add? If so do you not have the email account showing already in your apps list? You shouldn't need to 'add' the outlook.com email account if it is the same one as your MS account you entered when you first setup the phone.

trini0

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying. Yes I know it sounds weird..

Before 8.10.12382.878:
I had both Microsoft and Outlook.com accounts, using the same email address.

Post 8.10.12382.878:
I cannot have both Microsoft and Outlook.com accounts using the same email address

I would agree with you that I shouldn't have to add an Outlook.com email account. If the Microsoft account could sync my calendar, then I would accept that as a compromise..

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
So when you go on the web and login to outlook.com you use the email address that has all your emails, calendar, contacts, etc. in it right? And that is the same account that you enter as your MS account on the phone when you set it up? And if so, it does not show all the same stuff as it does on the web?

trini0

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
That is correct. I had no calendar entries from Outlook.com.
But I just figured it out.
If you go into the Calendar app > Settings. There are options to enable account calendars.
So I'm ok now.

For me the setup/configuration is a bit different to post 8.10.12382.878.

Thanks for the convo..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720